Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm split between these three coolers:

TT Big Typhoon

This cooler seems to be very popular in this section and has had quite a few reccomendations.

Zalman CNPS9500

I've seen a screenshot of a Opteron 148 clocked up to over 3GhZ with this Cooler, but reading custom PC magazine, they reviewed it and said that while its great for intel processors it dosent cool AMD processors as much.

Gigabyte G-Power Pro Cooler

In the aforementioned magazine, it was said that this cooler knocked off 19c!! But not sure and I havent seen it mentioned here.

I'm split three ways, my processor will almost definitely be a Opteron 148 so I'm looking for the ebst cooler I can find to go with it

Hope someone can help me out!

Cheers,

// Xeijin

·
Registered
361 Posts
If you want the best air cooler TT big typhoon is the one.Beware it is very big Make sure your mb is on the supported list.Fill out your specs for better help and welcome to the forums.

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
the big typhoon is one of the best air coolers (in my opinion it is the best)
some other high performance air coolers are the Thermalright XP-120 and the Zalman 9500. But the Big typhoon performs the same or better than both these coolers (depending on what fans you use) and it is cheaper.

Also, if you're willing to spend the time to lapp your big typhoon you'll get even better results. My lapped big typhoon keeps my OC'd cpu at 28-30 idle and 36-38 load. with 1.5v (ambient is about 24)

·
Premium Member
4,833 Posts
I have tried a few different air coolers; stock intel, Tt Silent Tower, Zalman CNPS7700-CU, and Tt Big Typhoon. I must say the Big Typhoon is the best, the silent tower worked well if you replaced the fan with 2 92mm fans, and the zalman just didnt look good in my case, the big typhoon is the best working and looking one I have had. I put a Silverstone FM121 120mm fan on it (max 110 CFM) with controller, and I have been able to clock up to 3.77GHz with temps still real low.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
The big typhoon is the best as far as cooling, the z9500 is what I use and does an excellent job. I'm not familiar with the gigabyte.

This will solve your problem....If you want the absolute best cooling and plan on die hard overclocking, then go with the big typhoon if you dont care about space in your case and how it looks.
If you want an excellent cooler but might be 2-3c higher, get the zalman, it also is smaller and looks alot cooler.
I love overclocking and decided on the zalman, you probably saw my processor over 3.0

1 - 8 of 8 Posts