Overclock.net banner

141 - 143 of 143 Posts

·
I Love this Hobby!
7,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Quote:
Dishonored 2's PC mods will be hosted on the Bethesda.net launcher, according to a snippet in the most recent Game Informer magazine. When asked about Dishonored 2 mods, the company said "please download Bethesda.net". Arkane dev Harvey Smith also hinted Dishonored 2 mods are coming by saying "We can't talk about our plans in that area just yet" in a recent interview.
http://www.tweaktown.com/news/51997/dishonored-2-mods-consoles-via-bethseda-net-launcher/index.html

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Why do people hate launchers so much? I have Steam, Origin, UPlay, GOG Galaxy, Star Citizen Launcher and Nexus Mod Manager that I can think of. I like auto updates, cloud gamesave backups and other useful features.

I had some problems with UPlay years ago but they seem to have been sorted.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coelacanth View Post

Why do people hate launchers so much? I have Steam, Origin, UPlay, GOG Galaxy, Star Citizen Launcher and Nexus Mod Manager that I can think of. I like auto updates, cloud gamesave backups and other useful features.

I had some problems with UPlay years ago but they seem to have been sorted.
What people hate is when you buy a game in one platform, and then it comes with its own launcher on top of that. If I buy a game on steam, I want it to use steam cloud and integration for my saved games and multiplayer, not u-play or games for windows live.

If I buy an origin game, I want it to go strictly through origin. I don't want to buy a game on origin, and then have it launch steam when you click play game.

In my experience, "stacking" launchers like that almost always results in my saved games getting deleted when I move to a different PC and login.

141 - 143 of 143 Posts