1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Source
NZXT Site

Quote:

NZXT has released the Panzerbox Gaming Chassis. The new case is lightwieght yet welded for strength with the LAN partying gamer in mind.

The Panzerbox has two 190mm fans and a single 120mm fan that flow 300 CFM through the case to keep everything inside nice and cool. It also has support for dual radiators, room for high performance 10.5" cards, 4 hard drives, and has 3 5.25" bays.

The new case will retail for $119.99 and the full press release can be found here.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
the rad and cpu block are NOT included, there is actually a 190mm fan that should be up there.

I would easily upgrade from my antec 900(a fking boat anchor in terms of weight) bc I do a lot of lan parties in my area and with friends.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I like the bare look.

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
I like the PSU placement. Mid tower with plenty of room for watercooling

A bit pricey, but it looks like it's quality.

Price is so worth it for the removable motherboard tray though.

·
Super Moderator
19,301 Posts
What the... wow. I like the individual aspects of the design, but I don't like the result of them coming together in that fashion. Not sure why I don't like it, either. There's just something........ off. Something nagging at me that's not really obvious.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I think its a pretty nice little case. The plain look of it is actually a plus for me too because of all the modding potential it has. The less a case already has the more you get to do with it

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunky_Chimp View Post
What the... wow. I like the individual aspects of the design, but I don't like the result of them coming together in that fashion. Not sure why I don't like it, either. There's just something........ off. Something nagging at me that's not really obvious.
Its way too short and way too wide. Plus there is only 3 drive bays.

It reminds me of a Sonata III that isn't a hotbox like mine is (33 degree ambient with <20 degree ambient = fail)

I want one, except its going to be over $160 in Canada and I might as well get a HAF or a 1200.

·
Junglist
7,233 Posts
Hmm, Blank Modding canvas anyone?

·
Super Moderator
19,301 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nathris View Post
I suppose that's the best way to put it; having the PSU in that location cuts the height a LOT and increases width, and to me would introduce cable management horrors that shouldn't be in a case such as that. It also looks like there are 2 more hard drive bays in a vertical orientation on the case floor; they look like they don't belong there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marin View Post
Aesthetically it reminds me of this case:

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/200...-wolf-review/1
I can't find any aesthetic or even technical similarities besides accepting ATX-spec parts and standard 5.25"/3.5" devices. =|

·
Registered
67 Posts
I would buy it. Looks like it has a ton of room for graphics cards. This might be my next case when I upgrade my GPU since the Cent 5 is a bit cramped.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nathris
View Post

It reminds me of a Sonata III that isn't a hotbox like mine is (33 degree ambient with <20 degree ambient = fail)

I want one, except its going to be over $160 in Canada and I might as well get a HAF or a 1200.

Oh yes. Bring the HAF/1200 to a LAN party. I have not lifted my HAF off my desk since I set it up.

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
I like it, 100% alluminum just like a Lian Li. BUT it actually has airflow! Black interior and a removable motherboard tray all for $120. For those who participate in LAN parties then this would be something to consider.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CattleRustler
View Post

can someone explain how this is a lan party designed case? Or does it come with a hand-truck that wasnt pictured?

It's actually pretty big for a lan party case because it's basically it's a super wide mid-tower. If they trimmed off the top rad area, it would be almost SFF sized, which would have been perfect for the most of us. A handle would have been great too.

Antec should update the Lanboy series with a modern design. There are very few (if any) other mid-towers as light as my Super Lanboy (~4kg) while still being able to fit a TRUE120.

·
Banned
2,661 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nathris
View Post

Woohoo, I'm not the only one who has the same problem with my Antec Sonata III

I have tried every possible cooling method and the ambient temps still suck.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts