Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/3774/sapphire_pure_black_x58_motherboard/index.html
Yes a sapphire X58 motherboard...
3774_03.jpg

3774_05.jpg
Quote:
For some, though, the biggest problem with the board will probably be what's not there, and that's support for SLI. We understand that Sapphire of course wants to promote CrossFire and CrossFireX, but anyone buying an X58 board will think that SLI will be supported.

The decision to release X58 boards now seems a little weird, but Sapphire aren't the only company to release new X58 boards around CES time with other manufacturers also doing the same over the last week. We only say weird because Sandy Bridge has just launched and it offers amazing performance at an aggressive price tag. The good news is that Sapphire have said that their next board will be based on the Sandy Bridge platform and hopefully we'll see it next month; quite possibly sometime after Chinese New Year.
Does not officially support sli...

·
Premium Member
3,172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagle3092;11969244
Could this sudden shift with Sapphire have something to do with AMD's CEO resigning?
no

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I was expecting literally a 'pure black' colored board, could of made the 6GB/s SATA ports and that USB header blue at least.

It seems to perform very well though a little late in the game with x58 and with no official SLI support pricing would need to be very competitive. I'm curious to see what Sapphire has instore for P67 and AM3+.

·
Premium Member
3,261 Posts
it actually looks decent its about time someone tried to fill the gap left by Abit i just hope they can
frown.gif
long live x38 quadgt

·
Premium Member
7,711 Posts
Isn't it a bit late to be releasing X58 hardware?

BTW really Sapphire? IDE/Floppy? Srsly? Lose that connector and you have room for at least 2 more SATA.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by newpc;11969357
since when did they get into the mobo business.
Since Socket 939. Or possibly 754, can't remember. They had some wicked-looking white PCB boards back in the day, I was hoping they'd bring those back.

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poisoner;11969427
This is what they did with the team they stole from evga.
The EPoX team...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts