Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
People fear what they dont understand? No one has this probably why no one is commenting.

All i can say is that it appears to have aluminum fins...alum. is a no no when it comes to cooling usually. Heatpipes are nice, but not sure how usefull with alum fins. You could spend a few extra bucks and get a venus with a controllable fan, which will probably work better, OR get a zalman. For like another 9 bucks you can get a pure copper zalman.

Try reading around the internet for reviews on that heatsink before you buy. The zalmans are proven champs, i like thermaltake mostly because they are quiet usually. So it comes down to your demands and sound sensitivity.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Ick god no.

Dont get so caught up looking for thermal take stuff. They arent always the best.

If you are looking for something like that just get the zalman copper. If you are worried about noise maybe splurge on the Thermaltake Big typhoon, or piece together your own HSF combo.

Most heatsinks that come with fans already can be upgraded to your own fan, or attatched to a fan controller so you can have your comp be silent while idling and blowing huge air when gaming.

Silverstone makes excellent fans, check out their fm series if you are interested in silent overclocking. I have the fm82 and a fm92 in the mail which will be for my heatsink. My comp is below whisper quiet while idling, but stays cool while gaming.

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by what?

Ick god no.

Dont get so caught up looking for thermal take stuff. They arent always the best.

If you are looking for something like that just get the zalman copper. If you are worried about noise maybe splurge on the Thermaltake Big typhoon, or piece together your own HSF combo.

Most heatsinks that come with fans already can be upgraded to your own fan, or attatched to a fan controller so you can have your comp be silent while idling and blowing huge air when gaming.

Silverstone makes excellent fans, check out their fm series if you are interested in silent overclocking. I have the fm82 and a fm92 in the mail which will be for my heatsink. My comp is below whisper quiet while idling, but stays cool while gaming.

I agree with what, the TT blue orb wasn't made for OCers, just made for quieting down the CPU under stock speeds. It can't handle the load of the TT big T or something like that.. Hust make shure you have some decent air flow in your case

1 - 8 of 8 Posts