Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a custom loop using monoblocks and a distribution plate that didn't require any tubes somehow. anyone have any info on tubeless loop configurations and parts that might work together to limit, if not eliminate, the need for tubes? Ive got the itch to build one of my own, but don't know how to figure out what parts would fit together.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
You can build using only fittings but that’s kind of the same as using tubing but uglier. What you are conceptualizing will require a complete fabrication and it will take you a long time. Big Red Devastator and Spirit of Motion come to mind.

• Rep+
Reactions: CaptainInfamous

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I'd love to see a case that had interconnecting distro-plates instead of tubing.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
That actually looks interesting, aside from the rainbow lights and plexi. I wonder how much it costs in parts.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Lol, where is the air supposed to go after the rads.

Why am I seeing a bunch of water cooled systems with either rads or fans pressed against glass lately or things like that?

Has form really become that much more important to people than function.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
not sure if there is an air gap for pull fans or what on this setup.. guessing with 2x 240 rads on a single gpu you don't need to run the fans very fast to keep an open air system cool

·
Rig Advisor
2,206 Posts
this is the bitspower build that got me thinking about how it might work:

I can only imaging how ineffective those rads must be with the chassis blocking air flow. Either intake or outtake has got to be extremely diminished.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
I can be done, it would cost a fortune and probably end up looking like butt, but it can definitely be done.

·
WaterCooler
3,601 Posts
You can build using only fittings but that’s kind of the same as using tubing but uglier. What you are conceptualizing will require a complete fabrication and it will take you a long time. Big Red Devastator and Spirit of Motion come to mind.
Not just uglier, but a lot more expensive too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts