Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I want to add some color to my first watercooling loop and I wanted to have your opinion on which option is better. I what tubing/coolant would recommend me to get? I want a 100% red color. Not mix of red and orange. Should I get UV reactive tubing/coolant to obtain this color?

Also, when I was working on my loop and doing some testing and everything, I think I might I've putted a little bit of thermal paste on the motherboard. It's under the rog armor thing (my mobo is an Asus VI formula). Should I check? Before powering it?

I damaged one of my fittings. Can I still use it or should I replace it?

·
Meeeeeeeow!
2,229 Posts
I strongly recommend replacing the fitting. It is not worth risking hundreds of dollars worth of parts for a $10 fitting.

Ideally, yes, do clean up the thermal paste. If it's non-conductive, you're probably ok, but it's best to remove the armor and get it off either way.

I recommend using the colored tubing over the dyes, because dye has a tendency to stain the rest of the loop, which can introduce problems down the line (harder to clean up and sometimes the dye can cause problems for the pump and the rest of the loop). In general, it's best to avoid dyes from a performance standpoint; it is mostly for the looks at the expense of performance.

·
WaterCooler
4,270 Posts
I wouldn't use that fitting. Better safe than sorry.

I also agree with the colored tubing with distilled water and kill coil.

·
Registered
201 Posts
UV red coolant is the worst for staining tubing, especially tubing with plasticizer. If you are dead set on red, then get primochill advanced LRT tubing (comes in red) check out my sig rig for what it looks like. I would use mayhems biocide with distilled for the coolant.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Agree. If you are sticking to red and red only, go with the colored tubing. Although red coolant running through things like acrylic blocks is pretty epic looking, the staining is what has me avoiding that color in particular. Playing it as safe as I can with yellow pastel. I do miss the ease and less expensive route of distilled water though.

·
I fix Stuff
5,417 Posts
another vote for colored tubing and clear coolant. I am also using primochill advance LRT red tubing. sig rig rog maximus.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Heh, almost didn't even go with colored coolant after leak testing with water and acrylic tubing. It just looked so clean and crystal like with water running through it. Ran red flexible tubing in that not so up to date sig rig I've got. I didn't go with Primochill but Masterkleer instead. That was a mistake color wise. It almost looked orange under very bright light.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for replaying guys.

Motherboard checked. Everything's fine.

I'll try to get some primochill and I'll change that fitting. Do you guys know any website where I can order that ships to Canada? I've tried Dazmode but it doesn't offer a lot of option.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts