Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am gonna do an overhaul of my loop in the fall and am starting to plan everything so I can be ready when I get my funds in order. I currently have clear tubing with blue uv feser one coolant. I know for sure I am going to switch to distilled, silver and PT but I don't know what to do about the tubing. I am leaning toward black tubing so I am wondering what the best black tubing is? I have heard complaints about some of the black tubing looking purple and that would be a big no no.

Here are some pics of my rig, any suggestions will be appreciated.
P.S. there will be a EVGA GTX 480 in the loop as well as a 240 rad mounted externally.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Looking at the first picture, I wouldn't change it for the world. Until I checked the second one, where I noticed the color of the rest wasn't yellowish. What I would do, is just add a yellow CCFL, preferably yellow LEDs pointed at the mobo. But that's me personally.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterFire View Post
Looking at the first picture, I wouldn't change it for the world. Until I checked the second one, where I noticed the color of the rest wasn't yellowish. What I would do, is just add a yellow CCFL, preferably yellow LEDs pointed at the mobo. But that's me personally.
The yellow light was just from the strange lighting in the room at the time.

·
Well, hello there...
4,500 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: austinb324

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for your input but I have one more question. It is my understanding that the top of the line tubing offers features like dependability(without kinking) and anti-clouding. I am not going to have any super tight bends and the tubing is black so who really cares about clouding. So why should I consider feser or tygon when the primoflex looks exactly the same and offers the same performance for $1.90/ft?

·
Well, hello there...
4,500 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by austinb324
View Post

Thank you all for your input but I have one more question. It is my understanding that the top of the line tubing offers features like dependability(without kinking) and anti-clouding. I am not going to have any super tight bends and the tubing is black so who really cares about clouding. So why should I consider feser or tygon when the primoflex looks exactly the same and offers the same performance for $1.90/ft?

For me, Feser states anti kink and didn't kink in my build.
I've never tried Tygon or PrimoFlex.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts