Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all......<br><br>
i am looking at getting a pda.<br><br>
i have pretty much narrowed it down to either a palm tungsten tx or a dell axim x51v<br><br>
which one should i get? what do you all think about either one? i want to use it for a planner (to write assignments for shool), a calendar, a to do list, (basically an organizer). however i also do not have an mp3 player so i want to use it as such and a video player. i also need bluetooth and i want to browse the web via wifi. the tx and the axim have all of these things, but they are quite different also. is there somethin huge that i should know about either one in particular, like a big feature or bug? or maybe there is another pda that i have not yet discovered that is even better....<br><br>
thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Any other opinions?

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
I would say the Tungsten TX only in your case as you use Linux, and Palm sync software is built in to Ubuntu for one thing. Windows can be sync'd but is just a pain and not worth it.<br />
<br />
pink

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<div style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px">Quote:</div>
<table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="99%">
<tr>
<td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset">

<div>
Originally Posted by <strong>Mr Pink57</strong>

</div>
<div style="font-style:italic">I would say the Tungsten TX only in your case as you use Linux, and Palm sync software is built in to Ubuntu for one thing. Windows can be sync'd but is just a pain and not worth it.<br />
<br />
pink</div>

</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div><br />
thank you!<br />
<br />
any other opinions? anyone?

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Wow the TX can be used with linux?

·
Premium Member
6,588 Posts
I used to have a Dell Axim for a few months. I ended up selling it because I didnt use it nearly as much as I had planned. No complaints though, the Axims are a nice line of PDAs.

• Rep+
Reactions: noncogitas

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<div style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px">Quote:</div>
<table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="99%">
<tr>
<td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset">

<div>
Originally Posted by <strong>TheLegend</strong>

</div>
<div style="font-style:italic">I used to have a Dell Axim for a few months. I ended up selling it because I didnt use it nearly as much as I had planned. No complaints though, the Axims are a nice line of PDAs.</div>

</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>thank you!<br />
<br />
my friend has an axim that he got last year and he never uses it...however another friend of mine has a palm and he uses it every day for everything....<br />
so usage is a big factor in my decision to even get one at all, i have a bit of trepidation over whether i will use it a lot but i think i will..

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
I still say you go with the asus one of newegg

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Woo! Really? Thats sick dude, I have to try it out next time I see you!

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
dammit - i have an Axim X51v, hate it compared to my old Fujitsu Siemens Loox 720

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
I guess the Axim has some pretty sweet games you can play, also with some OC software it can OC to 1000mhz! I have suicide run my 6700 to 726mhz lol. <br />
<br />
What you will like most about the Axim is the screen. However you are not going to be able to sync with Linux.<br />
<br />
Another device to look at if there is a return policy would be a Palm Lifedrive. A friend of mine uses one of these (medical) and he can keep all patience in his device without a hitce (has 4gb HDD).<br />
<br />
pink

1 - 13 of 13 Posts