Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been able to fit the tuniq tower into the antec 900 WITH a side fan attached? (I'd like to keep my graphics card cool).

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,323 Posts
Yup , At least if you have an SLI board , just use the lower slot.
The bottom of the tower goes to about the middle of the 4th drive bay.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,546 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DiagnosisDirt View Post
Yup , At least if you have an SLI board , just use the lower slot.
The bottom of the tower goes to about the middle of the 4th drive bay.
I'm sorry but what does graphics card placement have to do with a your cpu heatsink contacting a fan in your case door?

but anywho, yea, i did, on some motherboards you cant do it, but you have to face the heatsink pointing up. i didnt like it like that, so i switched it. I just removed the window all together. Which was a huuuuuge pain in the ass in retrospect.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
288 Posts
you'd probably be better off cooling-wise with the window on, even if it means not using the side fan. the hole in the case means the air is escaping there, and not going out the back, and therefore cooling more, if you understand what I'm saying. either way, it's not good to have the window off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,546 Posts
from my own testing i get actually a degree cooler with this configuration than i did before, i thought the same tho. im keeping it the way it is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,323 Posts
Quote:


Has anyone been able to fit the tuniq tower into the antec 900 WITH a side fan attached? (I'd like to keep my graphics card cool).


Quote:


Originally Posted by ErBall
View Post

I'm sorry but what does graphics card placement have to do with a your cpu heatsink contacting a fan in your case door?

but anywho, yea, i did, on some motherboards you cant do it, but you have to face the heatsink pointing up. i didnt like it like that, so i switched it. I just removed the window all together. Which was a huuuuuge pain in the ass in retrospect.

From the original post , I assumed he wants a fan on the mesh part of the side panel to cool the graphics card and he wanted to know if one would fit with the tuniq tower above it.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,607 Posts
A Tuniq won't fit with the side fan on. You'll either need to put the fan on the outside or somehow bevel the mesh so it sticks off the door a little.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,546 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by TwIsTeDbOi
View Post

A Tuniq won't fit with the side fan on. You'll either need to put the fan on the outside or somehow bevel the mesh so it sticks off the door a little.

Yes it does, i had it that way. For quite some time. You just have to aim the tuniq up. And possibly snip off a small corner of the fan.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,436 Posts
it will be a hard MoBo drop-in though... just FYI...
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top