Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Old Timer
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the Db rating on the TT120 is? If you dont, could you at least tell me how it stacks up in comparison to the other parts of your system? (ie, noiser then PSU but not as much as GPU, or something like that) I am thinking of getting it, but I value quietness above all else, so if its going to go off like a jet engin, then no thanks

·
Premium Member
5,227 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoaDMTGguy
View Post

Does anyone know what the Db rating on the TT120 is? If you dont, could you at least tell me how it stacks up in comparison to the other parts of your system? (ie, noiser then PSU but not as much as GPU, or something like that) I am thinking of getting it, but I value quietness above all else, so if its going to go off like a jet engin, then no thanks

Using the controller it comes with it's quieter and pretty much silent on low. On all the way to the left.

But once you get about 1/5 of a turn on controller knob it really kicks up and gets loud, maybe it's just my rheostat, but past about 1/5 the RPM and noise goes up.

All in all it's perfect on low CFM and noise wise. I wouldn't suggest medium or above unless you got ear plugs, as it makes an awful noise inside of those fins.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Loud, loud, loud IMO. I broke the controller it came with though, lol. You'd be better off replacing it with a Yate Loon or something similar.

·
Premium Member
5,227 Posts
OUch tuniq fan at max is horrible. Especially inside the tuniq tower, as it makes an awful noise lol.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Not bad at all. I don't mind the noise level anymore, I used to care a lot. Right now I have every fan on max in my case.

About the Tuniq, when you set it to the lowest setting (which is still sufficient), it is very quiet. For me, you can turn the Tuniq fan controller knob about half way until you notice the sound.

Quote:
- Extremely good Performance at 2000RPM fan Speed. ( 2000 RPM fan is rated at 34 DB ) , Extremely Quiet at 1000 RPM ( 1000 RPM fan is rated at 20 DB )
http://www.tuniq.com.tw/Cooler%20Info/Tower-120.htm

·
Registered
244 Posts
If I turn it down to the lowest setting on the controler, then put it down to 90% in speedfan, it becomes quieter than my PSU. Also quieter than my 8800GTS(72% fan speed on the 8800gts).

·
Registered
642 Posts
Honestly, the fan controller doesn't change the noise for me. Which means that it is quieter than the other fans in my PC. I consider my PC pretty quiet too.

2000 RPM fan is rated at 34 DB , Extremely Quiet at 1000 RPM. 1000 RPM fan is rated at 20 DB.

^directly from their website.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts