Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was wondering how much of an improvement would I see using the Tuniq Tower over my current zalman 9500. I have been disappointed with the results I have been getting with the 9500 and I was wondering If I should go ahead and get the Tuniq since it is back in stock.

atm my temps are around 40 idle and can get up to about 58 under load.

Thanks

Blackeagle

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by JacKz5o
View Post

The TT is a great cooler, get one while you can
TT>BT>9500

ok thanks for the advice, Ill probably go with that.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by rabidgnome229
View Post

The T120 (lapped) can beat out many WC setups. It's well worth the money

what would be the best way to lap it, I looked at the pictures and was like eww that thing could probably cut my hand off. What is the best way to go about lapping?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by blackeagle
View Post

what would be the best way to lap it, I looked at the pictures and was like eww that thing could probably cut my hand off. What is the best way to go about lapping?

get a premium lapping kit and easypckits and with some time and patience you will get a mirror finish!

·
Registered
926 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by rabidgnome229
View Post

The T120 (lapped) can beat out many WC setups. It's well worth the money

What kind of WC setups can you outperform? Would there be a chance of it doing better than say a Swiftech Apex Ultra? or the less expensive Premium version?

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
I'm gonna lap mine tomorrow, seems like everyone is lapping right now!

·
Registered
827 Posts
got mine sitting on my lap... right now, was just going to leave it as normal, but after lapping up this whole thread I think i'm going to follow the advice and... eh... whats it called... oh yes, i'm going to sand it

shoot me

What do these lapping kits look like anyway? How are they any different to going out and buying a few sheets of high grit sand paper?

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ****erfx
View Post

I'm lapping mine right now =D

Just spent an hour on it and it's still convex.

Mine was convex pretty bad too... I went through about 6 sheets of 600 grit and 1 sheet of 1500 grit. The very outside edges are still not sanded, but the whole 90% middle area is flat (all that matters).

Oh and for a comparison, my TT beats my old watercooling which was:

Dual heatercore, 2x 100CFM 120mm
DD TDX
1/2 clearflex
5.25 clear res
hydor L35

1 - 16 of 16 Posts