Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all i got my rma'd mobo back and i put the tuniq tower back onto it today it started up
BUT i used AS5 and my temps are still same as the STOCK cooler now what did i do wrong??? some one wanna help me out do i have to let the as5 break in and my room is kind of hot but stock would get the same temps
so i donno *** is going on an i jus spent 60 bucks on the darn thing to get this comp cooler any one wanna help me out
room temp is about 70-75 :S it's kinda warm i know my parents are tightwads :| on energy bill can't blame em

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes the fan is working and i have it turned up all the way should i connect the fan to something else? i also have 1 case fan on top one in the front and one in the back the back one let's air out and my current temps are 44 44 -- core temp screws are tightened as much as they could go...

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah... basically what i did but they say to spread it with the heatsink if possible by turning it a little ways to the left and right i can't do that cuz there's caps right by my cpu socket so i spread it with a card instead u think i should just reapply and let the fat tuniq spread it?

·
Premium Member
5,520 Posts
Wouldnt hurt to try a reseat that way, dont worry so much with the twisting, you need only twist it a degree either direction. Other than that Im out of ideas, hopefully someone else comes along with other things to try. But when I get high temps on a new cooler, I always attempt a reseat first.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well i reseated it and im gonna just let the dam as5 break in i guess got a few degree's lower i might try it in a different room and see what's going on because ive only ran it up here in this room and in the basement and the basement is cooler by a large margin so it makes sense for a larger temp drop i'll try it in another room up here see what's going on and the base isn't convex or concave
so im not doin something right

·
Premium Member
5,520 Posts
Hmm that is strange, are you sure your case has sufficient airflow? Cable managment and no large obstructions blocking the flow. You should be getting better temps than that, and ive never noticed a difference in temps after the break in period, so dont expect much if any difference.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well i did some cable management so you can clearly see my components i'll post some pics of it later to show ya'll but that room is very toasty i might have to move my laptop out there and my desktop into my room right now the basement is getting finished so i can't really set it up down there but i know it will drop atleast 5 degrees if not more...... oh yeah does any one know how to clean the bottom of that darn tuniq base off i was rubbin that alcohol on there but the dirtyness wouldn't go away
i donno if that's affecting the temp's but i couldn't clean it off i got all the as5 off as far as i could see

·
Registered
629 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Viper1991 View Post
I had a similar problem, turns out I had forgotten to take off the little piece of plastic from the bottom of the heatsink.

Temps dropped from 63C to 38C
wow... amazing... (not talking about the heat drop)

Hmmm ok well it doesn't seem your doing something wrong. I applied MX-1 on my CPU which is ceramic and is not recommended much for CPUs but the temps dropped 3C. I think thats because MX-1 is more dry and gets faster in the condition it should be. Well isntaed of seeing more temp drop next day I seen it went 1C up both on idle and full load. Although weather here hits 40C and more or less like you we do not usually use AC so its hot in here. I want to see 2 things. the @[email protected] layer of AS5 and the condition the bottom of the heatsink is. A good suggestion I can think is to lap the heatsink a little.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well here's the pics sorry the pics for the tuniq base are lil crappy but yeah looks like i need to lap the son of a b! i'll get around to that some day but for now.... i need a small solution for better temps than stock

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i believe so i looked at my rear exhaust fan and mounted the tuniq's fan to where it would blow the air straight to the exhaust fan... see i applied thermal paste in like 2 or 3 different ways and im still getting the same dern temps now im thinking it's my ambient temp cuz on load i get about 63C with ortho's & coretemp that's on stock and overclocked.... ???? now im thinking about moving it downstairs to see if i get much of a difference or i might have to make the top case fan an exhaust fan and see if that helps
me and my bro were messing with it yesterday we tightened the screws down all the way and everything now if lapping only makes 2 degrees of a diff id rather just get a huge fan an put it in front of the computer LOL -- lapping the cpu is not an option i don't pay for any of my own crap

·
Banned
2,100 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbp View Post
i also have 1 case fan on top one in the front and one in the back the back one let's air out
the way you worded that kind of makes it sound like your blowhole is being used as an intake. i assume i'm just reading that part wrong? and you also confirmed that your Tuniq is blowing air backwards?

sorry to mention two simple things like that, but i figured we'd start with the obvious.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.