Overclock.net banner

Am I crazy? What would you have done?

• You're crazy! It's [b]the[/b] hot item! Buy it!

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Without games you want, better to wait for a price drop

Votes: 18 43.9%
  • Long live price gouging...buy it and Ebay it!

Votes: 16 39.0%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm in Best Buy this afternoon returning a DVD that my wife received two copies of, and over the loudspeaker the guy announces that they have just received a limited supply of X360s and that intereted people should go to such and such a part of the store to buy one. My wife told me to go buy one, but I did not do it. It was an excurciatingly hard thing to do, let me tell you...but here's my reasons:

1. There are no games out for the X360 that I absolutely must play. The big seller, COD2, is a total yawn to me. Half the games are available on PC, and most of the others that I would want (Madden, Tiger Woods) did not get great reviews in their X360 debut, and I already have copies on the XBox. At best, the only games I might want are Perfect Dark and Kameo, but neither of them are important enough to me to get me to buy new hardware.

2. By the times games come out that I do[/d] want to play very badly, I expect there to have been a price drop. I expect at least a $25 price drop, if not $50, when the PS3 is launched this spring.

So the only solid reason I had to buy an X360 is to be a jerkweed and sell it on Ebay for a trumped up price.

So, what would you have done, and why?

·
Premium Member
5,607 Posts
I woulda actually just bought it and ebayed it, and then donate the half the earnings to me, and the foundation of 'Buying UberNoob a Better Video Card' .. one hell of a foundation if you ask me. =)

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
I would have bought the 360 so i could rub it in this guys face at school that says i will NEVER in my life get a 360 nor a psp wich i both want very badly.

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
I probably would have gotten it if my wife said I could... just cause. But I'm right there w/ you. there aren't any games that I really want, and while it would be nice to have a 360 I don't think they're worth the price. you have to get the 400 version to even play any original titles. Plus there's been a bunch of problems w/ them. Wait for the price to drop, by then maybe they'll actually have some good games.

although... it would be tempting to sell it for a profit on ebay...

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
I would have done the same thing. I had my chance and Im waiting patiently for games that I really want to play. Had I bought it, it would just be sitting there not really getting any attention.

I certainly wouldnt buy it and resell it on ebay. Thats never been my thing and never will be.

You made the right choice.
Im waiting till a price drop also. Im still hoping that Halo 3 will come out at a time when Microsoft wants to hurt Sony. Halo 3 + Price drop = my time to buy.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I would have ebayed it. Yes, you could leave it for someone, but it would prolly end up on ebay one way or another. Nothing wrong with making supply and demand work for you.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpookedJunglist
I would have bought it and Taken My torch to it. Record the action and post it here to see how many people freak out

ROFL! That would be hilarious, if wasteful.

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
I don't think your crazy for not buying it, Frankly I'm glad you didn't waste your money!

·
Premium Member
3,899 Posts
I know that people are out to make some $$$, but I am not the kind of person who likes to do such a deed, so I disagree with option 3.

I don't agree with option 1 because I really think that the X360 price just has to drop when PS3 comes out and buying it now might just make you cry when you realize later that you could've saved some bucks. For a person like me, this is a very cry-able incidence.

If I wanted to buy X360, I will go with option #2. (I don't want to buy a console... If I get one for free or something, then heck yeah, but I don't want to spend all that money. PS2 is good enough for me.) Since you have no games you want to buy, then there is absolutely no reason to buy it except to show off to your neighbors or friends. I mean, a console is worth it when it has games to go along with it. No games = no fun. So, better wait for a price drop.

So, it seems that you are not crazy at all, Vulcan.

Hope this comforts you.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tylerand

I would have bought the 360 so i could rub it in this guys face at school that says i will NEVER in my life get a 360 nor a psp wich i both want very badly.

Haha, poor you, I had em both for christmas this year

Anyways, Vulcan, if there are no games you want to play on it, maybe you should wait a little bit, but still, if you had bought it maybe you could have enjoyed it, I don't know. Since you have a very decent pc, you can play most of the games that are on the Xbox 360 on your pc, but maybe not as good looking. That's the main reason I bought the Xbox 360, cuz my pc sucks and a lot of good pc games will be on the X360.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I was in the same boat this very afternoon. I was at Best Buy just killing time and one of the guys tells me that they just got in a shipment an hour before and had like 10 left. I ended up pacing around for like half an hour debating if I should get it or not. I decided that after getting the games and at least one more controller that puts it over $500 and it's just too much. Besides, my computer can play any game out there right now and I already spent like 5 times as much on my computer so I might as well get my money's worth out of it. It was a tough decision though.

That's how I found this thread, I was looking for some comfort in my decision.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I dont like the 360, So the only way I would ever own one would be if it was given to me for free. The graphics just arnt up to par for my standards, im only hoping that other systems wont disappoint me as well

1 - 19 of 19 Posts