Overclock.net banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Removed bezels today on my 120hz 2268 viewsonic screens.
29mm to 16mm or so.

·
System Builder & Gamer
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by PepeLapiu View Post

Hey thanx man, I enjoyed the tut.....+rep
I'm planning on the following monitor at a reported 0.35 inch (9mm) bezel:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005LN1JEC/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B005LN1JEC&linkCode=as2&redirect=true&ref_=as_li_ss_tl&tag=httpwwwnearbu-20
Would be interesting to find out if I can shave it down even more after I remove the bezel.

I like how you set up all 3 monitors on a single stand. Can you ellaborate on that please? I'd do the same.
@pepelapiu

Hey sorry I have been off for a while the stand I used was this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824994053&Tpk=triple%20monitor%20stand%20xfx

it is a triple monitor XFX stand. It is a great stand, but I will say that recently I changed the positioning of my monitors to portrait and really like it much more for games. It is strange at first, but having the ability to view documents fully as well as websites has been great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flopper View Post

Removed bezels today on my 120hz 2268 viewsonic screens.
29mm to 16mm or so.
@flopper

that looks great and congrats! I am acutally waiting for the Overlord tempest monitors to be released with the slim bezels as they are coming soon. Once they are released I will be debezeling and moving to 3 27" monitors! I will say I really don't think I could ever get a monitor that is not 120hz ever again.

·
Registered
374 Posts
The mod looks great man, I could see that being beneficial, and it doesn't seem to be very much work.

How's the back side of the monitors look? I know that it doesn't change the aesthetics of the setup, but I'm very anal about things being even all around.

·
System Builder & Gamer
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdenpaka View Post

The mod looks great man, I could see that being beneficial, and it doesn't seem to be very much work.

How's the back side of the monitors look? I know that it doesn't change the aesthetics of the setup, but I'm very anal about things being even all around.
The back side of the monitors have a somewhat industrial look to them, but aesthetically as long as the cable management is done well it is good looking (I personally like the custom look).

When I get home later tonight I'll take some pictures and upload them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by L D4WG View Post

Great job, too much effort for me however id rather just wait for a large curved screen of monitors that have smaller bezels, they have to be coming soon right?
frown.gif
There was that Alienware one awhile back I think... There was an NEC one in 2009, but they never took off, my guess would be due to the limited audience. Abysmal resolutions, too, compared to current day stuff!
biggrin.gif

AppleMark

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Im just waiting for the Avatar movie ones - no bezel at all, and a wrap around holographic screen.

·
PC Gamer at Call of Duty
862 Posts
Those's curved monitors look amazing, let's all hope that the manufacturers wise up and star releasing them for Joe public soon???

@Zerobahamut - Top job and a great tutorial dude. I'd love to see some pics of your new portrait set-up please. I'm guessing that the control switches are just slid up the back and taped in place?

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
i think everyone loved the curved monitors but they were too expensive and hard to post. The new OLED screens coming out will make a curved screen at that size a reality for the average joe that has a little extra cash. i myself was looking at a curved screen with 2 projectors but have now gone for 3x vg248qe debezelled and dematted.

·
System Builder & Gamer
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhymer View Post

How about that update post? I'd love to see your portrait setup!
thumb.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by CYBER-SNIPA View Post

@Zerobahamut - Top job and a great tutorial dude. I'd love to see some pics of your new portrait set-up please. I'm guessing that the control switches are just slid up the back and taped in place?
Here is a short video of my triple screens in portrait...

Its not the best video, but it'll do for now

pictures will come later today

P.S. The lights in the back are the Ambx lights, just not setup yet for gameplay (At the time). They work now and I will show a video with them fully functional soon!

·
Registered
411 Posts
hey guys, this is an awesome thread and very informative instructions follow, i tried debezling my vg278he's and i did manage to get the bezels off however when i went to remount my vesa stand (original asus) stand, the naked panel block felt like it was slipping off the actually panel............ hard to explain, but you know how theres the flat panel itself and then behind it is like a big box attched? well mounting the vesa to the original holes would be ok until i try to stand the monitor up and the i would have to physically hold the fla panel to stop it from slipping off lol..... like what am i doing wrong ? it seems the silver tape stuff that asus use isnt strong enought to hold the panel to the rear box thingy ...... any help please?

what is it im not doing or skippin?

thank guys
smile.gif

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.