Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you hate that your HS moves at the slightest touch, you can do a mod to end that forever! It also greatly increases the pressure between the CPU and the HS. Best of all, you use almost entirely original parts!

Materials:
TRUE heatsink
775 mount
AM2 mount
Dremel (any rotary cutting tool)
Nut and bolt, slightly smaller than the 775 screw

Start by cutting the legs off of the AM2 socket, but leaving the sides. Then, cut the bump in the middle, leaving a hole. I found this easiest with a cutting wheel instead of that crappy steel bit.

Remove the screw from the 775 mount. This could be hard, and I had to use the Dremel to get it out.

Put the bolt in the AM2 mount, facing up, and then add the 775 mount on top of that. Put the nut on, but don't tighten it all the way.

Remount your TRUE, line up the 775 mount with the old bracket, and use the stock screws to screw it in tightly.

Twist your TRUE so it is exactly where you want it, and tighten the nut fully. You might have to hold the HS while doing so, and it is probably much harder if your motherboard has other stuff on it (RAM, GPU, etc.) and is still in the case.

Note: I don't have pictures, unfortunately, because I did the mod without thinking of that. But if someone else could take pictures if they do this mod and PM me, I would greatly appreciate it.

EDIT: I will do this mod for one person if you provide the TRUE and shipping, in order to take pictures for this guide. If you live close, we can arrange to meet. If you want a new TRUE, you only have to pay for shipping once if you have it shipped to my place. PM me regarding this.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
id send you mine but i live way too far from you
not to mention i SERIOUSLY doubt my old TT V1 wold cover it >_>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts