Overclock.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
7,516 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Badri

but I heard that norm TV is best viewed at 25".

Eh? Where did you see this? I think it's nonsense. For me, 25" would be too big if you're two feet away (e.g. it's on a kitchen countertop) but too small if your sofa is 12 feet away. Yiffy is right, I don't think there is a single "best" size for any TV, it's all personal preference and what you can afford.

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_teflon_don

i have a 51'' toshiba hdtv tv. it isnt lcd or dlp i think its just rear projection. can my tc go to 1080 dpi? heres the model: toshiba 51hx84

It should say in your TV's manual what resolutions it supports. I don't think it could claim to be HD unless it supported 1080i, so you're probably okay. (FYI - There is no such thing as 1080 dpi in this context, dpi is "dots per inch" and is usually used when discussing printer resolution.)

· Premium Member
7,516 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cdub998

It depends.. Here check this out. That way you can calculate how far away you think you will sit so you can find a TV the right size. I am like 8ft from my 47" and its just right....

I'm about 8 feet away from my 65 incher. Most people who see it for the first time think the couch is too close to the TV, but I like the screen to be big to simulate a movie theater experience somewhat.

· Premium Member
7,516 Posts
You're only one foot away from your TV? Wow, that's pretty close. Probably bad for your eyes!

25" is plenty big enough for that distance, I imagine you can already see the pixels if you look close enough.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.