Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's an ongoing debate over a published developer blog regarding to Total War: Warhammer and how region capture settings works. Apparently each faction will be limited to certain part of the map and the player won't be able to conquer territories beyond limits defined by the developer.

CA explains it in the blog:
Quote:
In summary, the fact that some of the occupation options are not the same as previous Total War games creates a new dynamic that both enhances the flavour of each of the races in accordance with WH lore and actually creates a more interesting sandbox game. The changes do make sense when you play, and don't feel restrictive or annoying. There are still a ton of regions to occupy regardless of which race you play and the feel of the campaign game is even more different between the races as a result.

Believe me, none of these decisions have been taken lightly. We are all TW fans and feel very, very strongly about our games. Warhammer is still very much a TW game, but we have looked to freshen things up and adapt around the WH lore wherever we feel it improves the overall game as a result. Internal feedback has been extremely positive so far and we're confident you'll feel that the region occupation system makes sense when you actually get to play the game.
Source

I call total BS on this one. Basically they say that Dwarfs can occupy only and only mountains (as there are no city dwarfs ever LOL) and they will be in constant war with Orcs over the same regions and that's pretty much it.

It would make more sense to remove occupation for certain settlements and keep only re-build, meaning raze and rebuild the settlement as a dwarf or faction X where there are "incompatibility issues" between cultures. Or even create buffer vassal states. Instead, they simply block you and say "you can't conquer more than you are, sorry".

Once that limit was reached, you will be limited with raze, sack and that's it. So it will be constant attack -> raze -> reattack -> re raze fest pretty much like Attila but worse since you can't actually capture anything afterwards.

Good job CA.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anateus View Post

Modders will unlock it
tongue.gif
I really hope so...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Creative Assembly single handedly killed pre-order for me. Rome 2 was such a disaster, then launching Attila as a stand alone, when it was nothing more than the fixes for Rome 2.

I really want to play this, I enjoy the Warhammer lore, I do enjoy TW games, but not building a new engine for this worries me as well. CA should have gotten a new engine ready prior to building this, I will be waiting for a highly discounted sale.

Sigh.... just so disappointing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts