Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
During a recent video on KitGuru, an AMD slide was teased in the background with 'Ryzen 2' which said "raising the bar for desktop performance" and teasing three new Ryzen 7 processors. We have: Ryzen 7 2700: 10C/20T @ 4.0/4.5GHz (replaces Ryzen 7 1700) Ryzen 7 2800: 12C/24T @ 4.4/4.9GHz (replaces Ryzen 7 1700X) Ryzen 7 2800X: 12C/24T @ 4.6/5.1GHz (replaces Ryzen 7 1800X) Better yet, the pricing on these new Ryzen 2 processors is damn good with the Ryzen 7 2700 starting at $329, the Ryzen 7 2800 priced at $399 while the flagship Ryzen 7 2800X will be priced at $449. Now remember this is all rumor, and isn't official. But if it is... AMD could really bring the hurt to Intel by driving their new Ryzen 2 processors past 5GHz. Intel will have 8C/16T processors released in the New Year, but AMD could get a massive foothold in that time.
https://www.tweaktown.com/news/60100/amds-new-ryzen-7-2800x-teased-12c-24t-up-5-1ghz/index.html

https://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-2-set-march-2018-launch-12nm-support-higher-core-memory-clock-speeds/ wccftech ftw!
sicksmiley.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czRO7R_KWA0&feature=youtu.be&t=8m20s - time stamp video.

Please be true!
smile.gif

·
Premium Member
14,981 Posts
Holy hell the hype is real.

If they end up anywhere near those specs, I'm definitely getting a 2800.

Not counting on it personally though. Core count seems realistic, clock speeds however... That remains to be seen.

·
Waiting for 7nm EUV
11,527 Posts
What we need now is more IPC and higher clockspeeds, especially on the six and eight core parts.

12 cores seems like overboard for a mainstream platform right now.

And in any case, isn't the Ryzen refresh just supposed to bring higher clockspeeds, with no IPC improvement, because it's not actually Ryzen 2, which should come later, in 2019? I doubt that a refresh could both do such massive clockspeed increases and fit 4 more cores into the same TDP, because remember, these will have to be compatible with the current motherboards.

Yeah, this is one of those rumours that not only sounds too good, but looks way overboard.

·
Mojave Overclocking
876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artikbot View Post

Holy hell the hype is real.

If they end up anywhere near those specs, I'm definitely getting a 2800.

Not counting on it personally though. Core count seems realistic, clock speeds however... That remains to be seen.
Maybe alittle high, but i think its dang possible. Just thinkn back to 8150 vs 9590 and how much the core speed went up. Sure there was afew different variants in between. Ie8350. But im sure learning mistakes of the past. Put the baddest monster out first. I just hope they can push those kind of ghz to all cores. Not just 1 while others stay at 4ghz. Thats what im thinkn will happen tbh.

·
Registered
6,943 Posts
Nearly called it. I said 16 core at $500, and 32 core TR.

I thought they might gimp it by 25% to allow some headroom for the next gen.

Intel is dead. RIP.

·
Let's Launch Over It!
375 Posts
Whoa, these things look impressive - especially the stock clock speeds considering their IPC already.

They might bottleneck some games in specific situations (none that I would have issues with,) and would be obscenely powerful as a workstation CPU.

I'll be honest, I've gone Intel the last few gens, but maybe not this time.

·
Registered
401 Posts
The wccf info (4.2 - 4.4, 8c with faster memory) looks believable; the tweaktown, I wish is true but seems far-fetched.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidiaftw12 View Post

Intel is dead. RIP.
Haha.. hah... yeah right. Sure. AMD could dominate Intel in performance all it wants, Intel will still be relevant.

The brand is burned into some peoples souls, just how it is.

·
Registered
6,943 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrawesome421 View Post

Haha.. hah... yeah right. Sure. AMD could dominate Intel in performance all it wants, Intel will still be relevant.

The brand is burned into some peoples souls, just how it is.
Sadly, yes.

They'll still be churning out dual core i7 laptop that people will scramble past 8 core Ryzens to buy.

·
Looking Ahead
13,043 Posts
Crazy if true. With those clock speeds these chips will most likely dominate in both sequential and parallel performance. And at those prices it will be unbeatable.

·
Indentified! On the Way!!
2,961 Posts
"Ryzen 7 2700: 10C/20T @ 4.0/4.5GHz (replaces Ryzen 7 1700) Ryzen 7 2800: 12C/24T @ 4.4/4.9GHz (replaces Ryzen 7 1700X) Ryzen 7 2800X: 12C/24T @ 4.6/5.1GHz"

That doesn't look right. Clock speed increase with increased core count??? As much as I hope it's true, I seriously doubt it.

·
Time Traveller
953 Posts
If this is true then there's a new 6 core CCX

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancerVI View Post

"Ryzen 7 2700: 10C/20T @ 4.0/4.5GHz (replaces Ryzen 7 1700) Ryzen 7 2800: 12C/24T @ 4.4/4.9GHz (replaces Ryzen 7 1700X) Ryzen 7 2800X: 12C/24T @ 4.6/5.1GHz"

That doesn't look right. Clock speed increase with increased core count??? As much as I hope it's true, I seriously doubt it.
Yes, I noticed that too.

·
He bought?
2,290 Posts
I'll believe it when I see it as would any realist would say. Probably glad I waited out this generation, thanks to lack of retail channel availability of Epyc. If the whole 12 core mainstream desktop part is true, my thoughts on is what we're seeing is market correction and balancing between Intel and AMD for a long stagnated desktop PC market that is recovering rapidly as we've seen since Ryzen's release. Remember 8 - 12 cores were a thing in the enterprise space around 2013-2014 and could have been in the desktop space if competition was there.

As for the overall compute market, I do see a major shift coming in the competitive space. Intel has successfully diversified from it's core business and will now take on Nvidia and AMD in the new GPGPU market and as for AMD if Navi turns out not to be competitive enough. The Radeon branding will regressed into a Semi-Custom / Embedded Graphics solution and we see less Radeon products in the desktop / server market. - Just my food for thought.

• Rep+
Reactions: LAKEINTEL

·
⤷ αC
11,239 Posts
If these are real and not complete BS , guess X370 won't be compatible with these unless you run at stock clocks.
tongue.gif

1 - 20 of 146 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.