·
Programmer
28,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Programmer
28,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2 hours until cut off point. Can Radeon Technologies pull it off? If it's anything like their finances, maybe not.
biggrin.gif

·
Premium Member
6,631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyW View Post

3 hours until cut off point. Can Radeon Technologies pull it off? If it's anything like their finances, maybe not.
biggrin.gif
no way. Although I don't expect any huge performance increases for my single 290X anyways

·
Registered
790 Posts
Glad I hear it.They know AMD users really want to play this game With CF.

·
Programmer
28,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by zealord View Post

no way. Although I don't expect any huge performance increases for my single 290X anyways
I would if I was you. AMD cards are underperforming in this game. The driver might be the key.
Sorry it's 2 hours to go, unless Rad Tech offer overtime for the staff to get it compiled!

Who am I kidding, we won't get this until next Tuesday......

·
Premium Member
6,631 Posts
Quote:

I would if I was you. AMD cards are underperforming in this game. The driver might be the key.
Sorry it's 2 hours to go, unless Rad Tech offer overtime for the staff to get it compiled!

yeah you are right. With tessellation and HBAO+ enabled AMD cards do in fact look quite bad in ROTR.

It looks like they are about 15% underperforming.

Looking forward to the follow-up test PCGH is doing once 16.1.1 driver from AMD releases
smile.gif

·
Stock
3,716 Posts
I have a feeling we'll see the new driver with the 16.2 February release since its just a few more days away. Could be why we wont be seeing an immediate release as well on top of the other fixes.

Look forward to the Crossfire profile and results

·
Professional Proletariat
5,671 Posts
Quote:

Benchmarks are all over the damn place, I mean look at this mess:

index.php?ct=articles&action=file&id=20518

And Hilbert had this to say:
Quote:
The game is VERY WEIRD in the sense that in gameplay scenes your FPS can be 30 on average and then when you look to the right all of the sudden it jumps up to 65 FPS. This happens throughout the game, we'll focus a bit more on the stringent segments in-game and that reflects and results into somewhat lower average FPS.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Impossible!!!! Fury x?!

Just Look at this :

And !!!

·
Stock
3,716 Posts
I can actually test this game with Crossfire R9 290X, Crossfire 7970's. GTX 780Ti, and GTX 970... Only catch is they are all part of different systems in my home. so it won't be an accurate bench.

Crossfire cards and GTX 780Ti are all under water, not feeling like taking them apart. CPU's i7 5820K, i7 4770K, i5 2500k, and an i3 3245

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
The benchmarks are all over the place because ROTTR just doesn't look like a good port, performance is all over the place.. With updated drivers and a game patch hopefully we'll get a clearer idea of whats going on.

Seeing the Xbox One with it's 1.3Tflop GPU keeping up with 390x/980 which are 5Tflop GPU's, makes me second guess buying high-end GPU's.. Lazy-ass devs, once Vulkan/Dx12 comes out there will be no excuses, from now on i'm only supporting studios who try to meet the potential of every platform. Yes the PC version does look/perform better, but look at the power difference.. We should be getting a whole lot more.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zealord View Post

OC that 290x and you should be more then ready to game.

but yea PC should be performing MUCH better then consoles.....

·
Registered
182 Posts
wow!
I just realized 20 minutes ago that I was only running on 1 card.

playing fine with my r9 280x @ 4320x900 eyefinity
crossfire will only make it better.

ive only had the rare, odd hiccup.

I wish there was a built in benchmark like last game.

·
Programmer
28,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRusselo View Post

wow!
I just realized 20 minutes ago that I was only running on 1 card.
playing fine with my r9 280x @ 4320x900 eyefinity
crossfire will only make it better.
ive only had the rare, odd hiccup.
I wish there was a built in benchmark like last game.
wow!
I just realised 20 minutes ago that you have the worlds best 280X.
biggrin.gif

Either that or someone swapped it for a 980 Ti and written "280X" on the card to fool you.
biggrin.gif

Only kidding with ya. What settings did you game at and how much fps was you getting?

·
PC Evangelist
47,382 Posts
Quote:

wow!

I just realised 20 minutes ago that you have the worlds best 280X.
Either that or someone swapped it for a 980 Ti and written "280X" on the card to fool you.
biggrin.gif
That's same amount of pixels as 2560x1440. 280X could be getting 20-30 fps. He did say we is getting some hiccups.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts