Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Better said with a picture.

Can I use only the Display Ports to connect 4 monitors in an Eyefinity setup?

·
Registered
787 Posts
I believe so.

·
Registered
784 Posts
you can run 4 monitors off of one card, so that would use pretty much all the outputs on most cards. the display port adapters will need active (powered) adapters to run monitors.

·
Registered
235 Posts
AFAIK the monitors can only be plugged into the main card to use eyefinity. This shouldn't be a problem as long as you have presumably 2 Active DVI to Display Port adapters and just use the other 2 as display port. Crossfire should run just fine, as long as you use the bridge, hope this helps.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the bridge setup and its ready to go, but I made a post a few days ago about mixing DVI and DP and having screen tearing.

What are the "active (powered) adapters" you're talking about?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Running a 4 monitor setup with crossfire msi 6970s and works fine off one card just had to get to active DP to DVI adapters. You can have 3 for eyefinity and have the 4th in extended mode.

·
Premium Member
7,127 Posts
Nvidia SLI Surround and AMD Crossfire Eyefinity are different;

Eyefinity will work if all 4 monitor connected to the first primary card which is part of crossfire configuration.

This will work;

VE278Q, HDMI > HDMI > 6970

2312HM, DVI > DVI > 6970

2312HM, DisplayPort > DisplayPort - Mini DP > 6970

2312HM, DisplayPort > DisplayPort - Mini DP > 6970

Edit:

6970 is capable to run Eyefinity 4 (4 Monitors)

·
Registered
755 Posts
No, you can either run 3 monitors with eyefinity enabled or run all 4 off of the 2 cards but no eyefinity. Any 2 gpus can run 4 monitors if they have enough ports.

·
Registered
235 Posts
OP you shouldn't need any adapters if your monitors have displayport. I believe those are only necessary when your monitor isn't equipped with displayport and you have to use DVI, like I did. I would just use DVI from the ASUS and 1 Dell, and use displayport on the other 2 Dells

use THIS if you need any help

1 - 11 of 11 Posts