Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had my system running great, everything was smooth. Then my fiancé blows up his computer. (Because he went cheap on the parts and didn't listen to me). So being the good girl I am I give him mine and use this as an excuse to build myself a new system.
biggrin.gif

Also his niece will be staying with us for a while, her parents sort out their issues, she is 8 and has never used a computer. So she needed one too.

So here are the build, I'll post pics of the builds once all the parts get here.

My Build
  • GA-990FX-Gaming Motherboard
  • AMD FX-9590 CPU
  • 16Gb AMD R9 Gamer RAM
  • XFX Triple Dissipation R9 Furry
  • Samsung 950Pro 512Gb M.2 SSD
  • Corsair H110i GTX
  • Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Case
  • EVGA Supernova P2 1000W PSU
  • Corsair AF140 Red LED Fans (3) 1 Back, 2 Front
  • Corsair SP140 Red LED Fans (2) for the cooler top mount
Nice's Build
  • MSI AM1I Motherboard
  • AMD 5350 APU
  • 8Gb AMD R5 Entertainment RAM
  • Arctic Alpine M1 Passive Cooler
  • Samsung 830 256Gb SSD
  • Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX Case

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
You planning on water cooling that beast CPU?

·
Super Moderator
9,195 Posts
"9350"

thinking.gif

Do you mean 9370 or 8350? And if you haven't ordered yet, can you swap it for an 8320E? Or 8370E if you got the 9370? If you can't, it's not really a big deal, but the -E chips are a bit less leaky and tend to hit higher speeds at lower voltages.

I was not aware that AM1 had aftermarket coolers at all. Neat! Probably won't be needed - the stock cooler is more than enough for the cute li'l 25W SoC - but, uh, bonus points or something?
thumb.gif

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalUnicorn View Post

"9350"

thinking.gif

Do you mean 9370 or 8350? And if you haven't ordered yet, can you swap it for an 8320E? Or 8370E if you got the 9370? If you can't, it's not really a big deal, but the -E chips are a bit less leaky and tend to hit higher speeds at lower voltages.

I was not aware that AM1 had aftermarket coolers at all. Neat! Probably won't be needed - the stock cooler is more than enough for the cute li'l 25W SoC - but, uh, bonus points or something?
thumb.gif
LoL That's what I get for replying int he early AM. 9590 is the CPU, and no I would not want an 8350/70 that's what i just gave to my Fiance
smile.gif

·
Senior OCN Member
40,420 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I would like to echo what @shilka said. The D15 outperforms the H110i and is cheaper and quieter. If you can fit it in your case, I highly recommend it over any of the CLC coolers. This is not meant to include the Swifteh products. They outperform all the rest and maintain a competitive price point and decibel levels.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilka View Post

Its overrated overhyped and overpriced so go with a Swiftech or EK instead those are much better.
Or go with a dual tower air cooler like the Noctua NH-D15.
I like the H110i, I have used it in several builds. I have never used the others and really don't want to change out to something I don't know when what I do know works well for me. Price is not a factor in the build. I go with AMD because I like their support of open source and open standards over intel not because of price.

·
Senior OCN Member
40,420 Posts
One of the reasons why the EK and Swiftech are better in because they are not closed off and the pump is not only much more powerful its also a much higher quality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFireDragon View Post

I like the H110i, I have used it in several builds. I have never used the others and really don't want to change out to something I don't know when what I do know works well for me. Price is not a factor in the build. I go with AMD because I like their support of open source and open standards over intel not because of price.
The H110 is still overrated overhyped and overpriced and there are much better options out there, sory but just because you like it does not make it good.
If price is not a problem then get a good cooler instead of those cheap and crappy CLC coolers from Corsair and the others.

·
Overclocking Enthusiast
6,140 Posts
I do agree with the others about the clc cooler

both builds look good

·
Senior OCN Member
40,420 Posts
Here watch this
Swiftech also has some new coolers which i think replace the H220x and H240x
These new ones are

H220 X2
H220 X2 Prestige
H240 X2
H240 X2 Prestige
H320 X2
H320 X2 Prestige

I am going to bet that all of those new ones are going to leave all of the Corsair / NZXT / Cooler Master and all the other CLC coolers in the dust and make them look like a joke.
There are also the EK Predator.

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilka View Post

Here watch this
Swiftech also has some new coolers which i think replace the H220x and H240x
These new ones are

H220 X2
H220 X2 Prestige
H240 X2
H240 X2 Prestige
H320 X2
H320 X2 Prestige

I am going to bet that all of those new ones are going to leave all of the Corsair / NZXT / Cooler Master and all the other CLC coolers in the dust and make them look like a joke.
There are also the EK Predator.
If Swiftech can get some decent retail distribution deals than they have a shot. The EK Predator was recalled wasn't it?

·
Premium Member
16,458 Posts
The 8350 can clock same as the 9xxx

I always recommend the cheapest FX8 (my 8310 @ 4.5 is just as fast as my 8350 at 4.5)

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFireDragon View Post

So I had my system running great, everything was smooth. Then my fiancé blows up his computer. (Because he went cheap on the parts and didn't listen to me). So being the good girl I am I give him mine and use this as an excuse to build myself a new system.
biggrin.gif

Also his niece will be staying with us for a while, her parents sort out their issues, she is 8 and has never used a computer. So she needed one too.

So here are the build, I'll post pics of the builds once all the parts get here.

My Build
  • GA-990FX-Gaming Motherboard
  • AMD FX-9590 CPU
  • 16Gb AMD R9 Gamer RAM
  • XFX Triple Dissipation R9 Furry
  • Samsung 950Pro 512Gb M.2 SSD
  • Corsair H110i GTX
  • Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Case
  • EVGA Supernova P2 1000W PSU
  • Corsair SP140 Red LED Fans (2) for the cooler top mount
Nice's Build
  • MSI AM1I Motherboard
  • AMD 5350 APU
  • 8Gb AMD R5 Entertainment RAM
  • Arctic Alpine M1 Passive Cooler
  • Samsung 830 256Gb SSD
  • Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX Case
I would get a little stouter board than that Gigabyte if you plan on getting a 9590.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts