Overclock.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Microsoft Hiring Game Designer for Next Halo Game

Quote:

Microsoft continues building an internal Halo development team after it kept the intellectual property from Bungie Studios, which went independent right after Halo 3 shipped. A new job opening on Microsoft's Jobs page has revealed that "Microsoft Game Studios’ Halo team is looking for a strong Lead Designer to help develop a new experience in the Halo universe."

Source

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Halo Wars was ensemble and that turned out just fine. Actually I think halo would be better w/o bungie. The last 2 games were failures. Ensemble made the first halo game back on the PC, Bungie just ported it to Xbox and got all the credit.

·
Banned
5,411 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by superk
View Post

halo wars = ensemble studios, and I played it to the end. To be honest, I found the game, and storyline, better than Halo3. <EOF>

That's not "Halo" though. Sure, you could argue it is, but it's not the next Halo game (as the other 3 are).

Ensemble worked VERY closely with Bungie on HW, and it was also their last game they made before closing down, so you'd think it would be good.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Truthfully, It'll most likely be like the Halo 3 Expansion Pack. I guess it:
*Won't have The Master Chief, since he's on some planet in BFE
*Will take place trying to find said Master Chief, with the Alliance between the Covies and the UNSC battling the Flood and some unknown villain that inhabits the BFE planet
*Won't be ported to the PC until early 2011 (keeps fingers crossed)
*have a weird storyline like Halo 3 did

But what do I know

·
Banned
5,411 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by og4tcm View Post
If ensemble handles it, I'm sure it will turn out alright. And we have no clue as to where in the Haloverse they're going to make this game. Could be completely different, like the new FPS coming up with the orbital drop soldier (Halo Recon I believe), although I haven't heard anything on that lately.
Bungie hasn't released any info in months about that game. No meida of any sorts, and it's slated for launch this fall. It's built on the Halo 3 game engine, and is a continuation of the Halo 3 story line at the same time of the Cheif (think what Crytek did with Crysis: Warhead; same concept).

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Yeah I haven't heard really anything about Halo ODST(Changed it from Recon). I really think moving away from Bungie might not be a totally bad thing. Except it would be probably best to keep them in the loop.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts