Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Will regular desktop DDR ram work or does it require registered ECC DDR?

·
Starting to become a BOFH
10,471 Posts
That's more than enough to host a CS:S server and be a file server at the same time.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by awdrifter View Post
Will regular desktop DDR ram work or does it require registered ECC DDR?
As far as I know any DDR will work, but not the other way around. (No ECC in a non ECC board)

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CryWin View Post
As far as I know any DDR will work, but not the other way around. (No ECC in a non ECC board)
Thanks. I'm tempted to upgrade my file server now.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Showing up as $29.99 for me.

Also the shipping kills it. For me the total is $41.55 shipped.

Would've been a steal at $25 just to mess around with.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
In for one. I have 2 512MB DIMMS of DDR lying around, and that pretty much makes it a good budget server computer, with a few IDE hard drives that are unused right now. I probably am going to make this into a Linux server which can act as a routing firewall and a game server.

What makes it is the 2 gigabit ethernet ports. Although the USB drives are slow, it has a server quality network controller, with enough processing power to boot.

I'll also see if I actually get those two processors they say that come with it.

BTW: would it be possible to put this in an ATX case?

EDIT: Found some answers (regarding this specific MOBO), but I still want some input from OCN

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?p=11914365

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Yeah, it should work. All the cases I have are wide enough and have holes for standoffs that never get used. When I built my first computer I thought I bought a motherboard that was too small because it didn't use all the standoffs.

·
Premium Member
5,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

Originally Posted by CryWin View Post

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Man they are quick, it has already shipped. It will come soon, but I don't know if I will be able to test it for you guys. I plan on taking my old ATX case and power supply before I got my Antec 300, and housing it in that.

I'll get back to you if I am able to get it to post.

Wish me luck!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Alright, I can't post pics quite yet but it arrived, and it did come with the processors. Also.. the processors came with remains of thermal paste on them, so it looks like they were used. I don't have the equipment here to test if it will post or not, but I will get back to you guys.

EDIT: Alright here are the pictures. Nothing you don't know, but it is proof and it shows the condition of the motherboard. Sorry the quality is spotty, I used my phone to take this pictures. You can also see the stuff I rubbed off from the processors.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts