Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.

About january, i install new tubes, tygan 3603, clean radiators the best i could, buy XT1 Clear, and put my D5 working 24/7.

I own a old Inovatek O-tank, a D5+Heatkiller reservator, a BIxtreme 120 and a ST30 radiators.

Yesterdary at night i notice some bulbs from the top radiator St30 on the tube to pump. I agitated the case and i notice lot of air
and (again) plasticizer.......

Im very frustatred, because i tought this Tygan was more plasticizer free. I put a lamp on the tube and notice inside like dust, so it seems it start decaying...
I use conectors 10/13mm.

Question, what black tubes industrial can i buy (again new tubes) to be plasticizer free? MUST be this size.

P.S. i put a little filter on the botton heatkiller reservator to absorve some plasticizer.....

Thank you!

·
Overclocker in training
12,904 Posts
Hi,
3603 says Contains only non-DEHP plasticizer what ever that means

What's that on the bottom of the reservoir looks like it's attempting to float is that plaster build up or a sponge to catch bubbles ?

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,074 Posts
Im very frustatred, because i tought this Tygan was more plasticizer free. I put a lamp on the tube and notice inside like dust, so it seems it start decaying...
I use conectors 10/13mm.

Question, what black tubes industrial can i buy (again new tubes) to be plasticizer free? MUST be this size.
I'm not sure why you thought that E-3603 is plasticizer free, it states it has plasticizer in the description and spec sheet. 2475 High Purity is the plasticizer free line.

As for black industrial, Tygon A-60-G comes in 10/13mm (3/8 x 1/2"), is completely plasticizer free, and is great to work with - 3/8" ID x 1/2" OD x 1/16" Wall Tygon® A-60-G Industrial Grade Tubing | U.S. Plastic Corp.

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,074 Posts
I would imagine the R6012 is fine, it's norprene. I have never used that specific tubing, it seems to be mainly an EU variant. One thing I will say about norprene is to make sure you rinse and flush it well prior to installation (I use a small bottle brush on it). It can have black dust inside that isn't what you want in your system. Once it's clean, it pretty much lasts forever and has no issues with breaking down.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes i agree.
If i buy it, i pretend remove the 2 radiators, clean them outside with lot white vinegar, hot water for a few days.....

Just hope i can install the tube with the fitters i have at moment. This R6012 seems to be more hard and difficulty to conect....

Thank you for all help!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Question:

I did buy 3 meters of the tygan R6012. Can someone please confirm if my fits, work well with it? I own 10/13mm.....

·
Overclocker in training
12,904 Posts
Hi,
They sell all sizes so either as you state 10-13mm or 3/8-1/2" would work on those barb compression fittings for soft tubing.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The tubing is 12,7/9.6mm so i presume 10-13mm is ok. I ask because i think this tube is a little more harder then other flex people normal use....

Oh hell. When i get it i will discovery!!
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,304 Posts
I use the tygon norprene tubing for chemical feeders, holds up very well.

So much so that I actually run the tubing straight through my parasitical pumps, source to destination, being smashed flat 60 times a minute for upwards of a year without losing shape or material.

We pump Hydrochloric acid, and liquid chlorine into a beach resort CEP loop like the waterfall in never-ending story. ( lost due to permeation, CEP loop is primarily that green striped polypropylene that has very good anti-permeation properties but water does whatever it wants anyways and escapes over the 40+ miles of chilled water loop ).

I don't use any other tubing for any fluid unless it calls for it by specification.

Edit: I also use it in my own custom loop. I have the 9.6mm tube on 13mm stubby barbs.

·
Premium Member
6,304 Posts
The tubing is 12,7/9.6mm so i presume 10-13mm is ok. I ask because i think this tube is a little more harder then other flex people normal use....

Oh hell. When i get it i will discovery!!
Thanks!
The tube is more flexible, the walls also collapse and it kinks easily.
Be prepared for tube blowoff if the barb in a compression doesn't get a good grip by itself.

Compared to a PVC or polypropylene based tube norprene is super soft and malleable.

The braided reinforced norprene for high pressure is probably what you are thinking is harder than your typical WC tube.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the input. The 3603 is also very soft and flexible....but holds very well on the fits i use.
They are normal ones, and from your description, seems i won`t have many problems. I always put a little water before start put the fitts so i can get a better
holding.
In this case, since i have time this month, i will remove all stuff from PC, clean radiators, and even install tubes outside PC so i can remove any air and search for
leaks.....

Seems i made a good choice then!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts