Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new U2311H from dell. Fantastic monitor, except this one stuck pixel just propped up.

It's stuck on a purple-ish color. I see dell has an awesome Premium Panel Guarantee and was wondering how others have faired with their support. It's in their premium lineup, so I'm hoping for good support.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Dell sent me OS discs for a 2003 laptop that was out of warranty and pre owned just from me giving them the serial number.

Nuff said.

·
Premium Member
8,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by razr m3
View Post

Try letting this run for a little while. Sometimes it helps.

Yeah I'm going to run that and massage it over the weekend. If I don't have it fixed by Monday, I'll be giving them a call first thing.

·
Premium Member
8,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, after a 30 minute phone call of them not knowing what my serial number was, they finally found it and told me it would take 10-14 business days.

I told the guy about this pixel policy(linked in the OP) and he had to speak to his manager and sent it out next day shipping.

So, know your warranty information guys. It makes a difference

·
Registered
933 Posts
I love Dell's support for their higher end products.

I haven't had anything go wrong with my U2311h yet, but from any stories I've heard they're all positive. Even in cases like yours, where (I believe) the warranty isn't strictly for stuck pixels, only 'bright pixels', they seem to replace the monitors.

·
Premium Member
8,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorpii
View Post

I love Dell's support for their higher end products.

I haven't had anything go wrong with my U2311h yet, but from any stories I've heard they're all positive. Even in cases like yours, where (I believe) the warranty isn't strictly for stuck pixels, only 'bright pixels', they seem to replace the monitors.

I still had to do some haggling which was a bit unexpected. I ended up speaking to the manager who sorted things out and gave me the expedited shipping. It's still better than having to deal with newegg. They require something like 5 dead/stuck pixels to even consider an RMA.

·
Registered
94 Posts
After getting my new U2211H on Monday, I discovered that it makes an annoying humming after being left on for a while. Called up Dell and they readily agreed to RMA it.

·
Premium Member
8,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrocks84
View Post

After getting my new U2211H on Monday, I discovered that it makes an annoying humming after being left on for a while. Called up Dell and they readily agreed to RMA it.

Which number did you call? What kind of shipping? They're sending you a brand new one?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts