Overclock.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just wondering if anybody on here could help me out
smile.gif

currently in the market for one of the above monitors, I am a web/graphic designer and a gamer,
What monitor is better for me?
smile.gif
thanks, Luke.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I couldn't wait for the U2713hm so I pulled the trigger on the U2711 and never looked back. I don't notice the heavy AG coating or input lag that people talk about. I perfer the U2711 after playing with both. I would gladly argue there is no difference in input lag of 18ms -15 ms the U2713hm has.

Im a avid bf3 player.

Both are great monitors to be honest I would get whichever one you could find cheaper. I got my U2711 for 700$ couldn't pass on it brand new.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by freitz View Post

I couldn't wait for the U2713hm so I pulled the trigger on the U2711 and never looked back. I don't notice the heavy AG coating or input lag that people talk about. I perfer the U2711 after playing with both. I would gladly argue there is no difference in input lag of 18ms -15 ms the U2713hm has.
Im a avid bf3 player.
Both are great monitors to be honest I would get whichever one you could find cheaper. I got my U2711 for 700$ couldn't pass on it brand new.
I believe the u2711 has a wider colour gamut also?
smile.gif

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeDaly View Post

I believe the u2711 has a wider colour gamut also?
smile.gif
That would be correct. Like I said I love it.

·
Registered
317 Posts
where can u link me :X

i thought the u2713hm has better picture quality tho
redface.gif

if someone here can tell me that the 2713hm has better picture quality then i will wait for it

also have u ever checked out the asus p278Q

·
Premium Member
2,114 Posts
The U2713 is better unless you need the wide gamut colour space for work since it has

+Better black levels
+Better sRGB colours for normal content (games, movies, ect)
+Better motion performance (less ghosting)
+Lighter matte coating (clearer and more vibrant whites+light colours that don't look grainy/sparkly/dirty, better text)

But the quality control seems to be non-existent on the launch models which are commonlyy reported to suffer from:

-back-light bleeding
-tinting
-burn-in
-un-even colour temperature

The Asus PB278Q is not out yet, but it uses a PLS panel (Samsung's version of IPS) so it likely won't have issues like the U2713 has, except for back-light bleeding which is common for all displays.

Unless you specifically purcahsed your current display with the input lag in mind or are currently using a CRT the input lag on the displays being discussed won't matter.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarity View Post

where can u link me :X
i thought the u2713hm has better picture quality tho
redface.gif

if someone here can tell me that the 2713hm has better picture quality then i will wait for it
also have u ever checked out the asus p278Q
Its already released over here as far as I know? (Northern Ireland)
I can purchase the monitor from Amazon now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MenacingTuba View Post

The U2713 is better unless you need the wide gamut colour space for work since it has
+Better black levels
+Better sRGB colours for normal content (games, movies, ect)
+Better motion performance (less ghosting)
+Lighter matte coating (clearer and more vibrant whites+light colours that don't look grainy/sparkly/dirty, better text)
But the quality control seems to be non-existent on the launch models which are commonlyy reported to suffer from:
-back-light bleeding
-tinting
-burn-in
-un-even colour temperature
The Asus PB278Q is not out yet, but it uses a PLS panel (Samsung's version of IPS) so it likely won't have issues like the U2713 has, except for back-light bleeding which is common for all displays.
Unless you specifically purcahsed your current display with the input lag in mind or are currently using a CRT the input lag on the displays being discussed won't matter.
I guess I can always send it back if I can see a problem, this will be the first good monitor I will have owned so I hope I can spot any problems.
smile.gif

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRILLERKILLA View Post

I almost take it back. The quality issues with the new Dell seem startling. If you can find a non faulty one ok.
You have a monitor that you almost took back ? The monitor comes with a 3yr warranty so surely I should be safe?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.