Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Quote:

According to the latest results of the desktop OS market share in the US for April 2011 collected by StatCounter, it looks like people are finally leaving Windows XP behind and getting an upgrade to Windows 7. For the first time since it became the most popular operating system around, Windows XP’s market share has been trumped by Windows 7.

Source

Good for Microsoft, I guess

·
QA Engineer
3,016 Posts
I lol'ed at Vista. My dad is part of that 19%. He hates it so much.

·
Prolly vaping...
3,359 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Playapplepie
View Post

I'm part of the 19% too. I love it.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Playapplepie
View Post

I'm part of that 19% myself but i dont have a problem with it.I have DX11 so i have no need for windows 7.

·
OCN
1,548 Posts
Never understood the hate on Vista. Got my shop machine still on it, maybe I just don't/haven't used the "bug ridden" features that all the complaints have risen around. Seems all based on the "top" tech media fanatics.

·
Registered
236 Posts
What's the Other category?

The only OS's I can think of are Linux, Windows and OSX...?

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
This is quite an accomplishment. Two years after Windows 7 had been certified Gold and reached RTM status it was able to overtake an OS that had a Market share since 2001.

·
Banned
5,028 Posts
win!
every comp in my house runs win7

but my ghetto rig still runs XP. its only using the litle bit of ram i could dig up from my graveyard.
2.4Ghz S754 A64 with 512MB ram cant really run win7. and ive heard that win7 hates my AGP X1600PRO :/

·
Registered
694 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Greensystemsgo
View Post

whats the other? unix? osx is part of unix, as is linux?

and dont get me wrong, vista is a great os until you start installing... anything.

My dad is still kicking windows 2000. That's probably what "other" is

·
Premium Member
4,083 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Licht
View Post

Vista is a lot bigger than I thought it was. I only hope XP's downfall continues though. I prefer even Vista over XP...

shame on you. XP>vista on every level. and dont come at me with your dx nonsense.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SausageDawg
View Post

What's the Other category?

The only OS's I can think of are Linux, Windows and OSX...?

Each Windows version is being counted as a seperate entity on this chart, Win2k and 98/95 probably the 2%.

·
Premium Member
14,051 Posts
That Linux figure is interesting.
There's a crap ton more people using it now with the advent of Ubuntu, would think it would be a little higher than that.. Also, what the hell is included in other? Aside from Windows and OSX there really aren't any major players aside from Linux that would have a decent amount of market share...

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by beers
View Post

That Linux figure is interesting.
There's a crap ton more people using it now with the advent of Ubuntu, would think it would be a little higher than that.. Also, what the hell is included in other? Aside from Windows and OSX there really aren't any major players aside from Linux that would have a decent amount of market share...

Free BSD and another other POSIX compatible OS.

1 - 20 of 167 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.