Overclock.net banner

Ubuntu on USB drive?

589 13
I'm looking to put a build of ubuntu on my 4GB flash drive so i can use the school computers without taking 20minutes to log into the network.

Found this guide, would it work or is there an easier way? I don't need/want an install option, just for it to boot into ubuntu.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/linux...-the-easy-way/

Rep+ for useful posts.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
15,591 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Hundred Gunner
View Post

You probably don't even want to run OOo. Try to find some of the smaller-sized office programs, maybe Koffice, but I'm sure there are others designed to run on slower-speced systems.

Yeah, OOo is a dog even at version 3. I would look at Abiword for a text editor.

· Premium Member
15,591 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Higgins View Post
Actually i wanted the print off the school's networked printer, but for now i don't need this at school. I'll try pendrivelinux2008 and see if that boots up faster, but a 10min boot time takes away the whole point i was trying to accomplish: booting faster.

Repped you all, many thanks.
Pendrive or DSL or Puppy will all load really quickly. Heck, for how small they are, just use all three.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.