Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This seems like an easy problem, but I just can't think of what I missed right now.

I'm trying to install 64-bit Windows Vista on a Raid-0 configuration (2 x 500GB Samsung F3s).

When I load Windows Vista off USB, it gives me an error where you select your hard drives - (No drives were found. Click Load Driver to provide a mass storage driver for installation.)

When I put my gigabyte motherboard cd in, it can't detect it.

Hard drive is set to first priority with cd drive as second priority.

Hard drives are in slots 0 and 1.
OnChip SATA Type is RAID
OnChip Sata Port4/5 Type = IDE or As Sata Type (don't think this really matters)

I hit Ctrl+F to get to the RAID menu ->

1 = Raid 0, 64KB stipe block, Fast Init ON, Gigabyte Boundary ON, Cache Mode WriteThru ---> 50GB

2 = 1 = Raid 0, 64KB stipe block, Fast Init ON, Gigabyte Boundary ON, Cache Mode WriteThru ---> 950GB

Says both are functional.

Did I miss something?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
You'll need to browse for the 32-bit drivers on the cd/downloaded from the site. That's all that works for me.

You might want to put the drivers onto the flash drive.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
64-bit drivers will most likely give you a digitally unsigned error, they always have for me. Never found a fix for it. Had a very hard time getting the RAID drivers loaded.

I'm not sure why it's not detecting the cd drive, however. I wouldn't worry about it though and just stick the drivers on the flash drive.

·
Premium Member
4,678 Posts
Wait!...I thought amd was ctrl + f and intel was ctrl + I ?

Try changing your sata cables and using different ports.

·
Banned
3,774 Posts
Burn the drivers on a cd. When you install OS, you should be able to install 64 bit drivers. I run 2 raptors in raid0. Yu will love it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts