Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

20th Century Fox has announced today that the award-winning, box office (and Blu-ray sales) record breaking, visually groundbreaking film is headed back to theaters in glorious 3D and IMAX 3D....again!

In an...interesting move (to say the least), the studio confirmed that Avatar is set to return to theaters on August 27 and will include a whopping eight minutes of never before seen footage.

source

·
Premium Member
5,037 Posts
I don't mind. I kept forgetting to go see it the first time it was out, and I refuse to watch it in 2D (the only thing appealing to me is the last 20 minutes of 3D awesomeness).

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by LiLChris View Post
Yup $11 + gas is so worth the 8 mins...
Is this the first time they re-release a movie on theaters?

Ive only seen this done on low budget or drive ins.

I did love the movie though, almost made me want to have a blueray player.

They did the same thing with Star Wars Episode 1, although they hadn't released it on tape yet. I saw that one like 5 times.

I will be going to see this again in 3D. If any movie is worth watching in 3D, its Avatar.

·
Premium Member
16,447 Posts
Star Wars is a classic, so its allowed.

Since I heard there making another movie dealing with Pandora, the next one better be even more epic with all this money there trying to make.

BTW when i read the title I thought it was about the next one, and I was like
but now im like

·
Banned
10,584 Posts
Quote:

Ive only seen this done on low budget or drive ins.
I hope the one local to me gets it again. They aired it for a week but I couldn't scrape together the cash to drive out there and watch it.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I never got to see it in theater 3D so yeah i think its a good idea lol

·
Something witty
2,400 Posts
lol, I already watched it in theaters like 8 times, because I kept going with friends who hadn't seen it yet. Doesn't really get old... the effects in 3D are just as epic. Might check this out if it comes to theaters here.

·
Starting to become a BOFH
10,471 Posts
I might just go to see the difference between digital 3D and stereoscopic 3D. I watched The Last Airbender in digital 3D and wasn't so impressed. BTW, my sister got a free movie pass and she asked me to come along. Although, it was for free, I still felt ripped off.

/end rant.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I guess they really want me to see this movie in 3D

I might as well see it so I can see what all the talk is about. My friend seemed to really like it, but then again his 'idol' is Kevin James.

·
Premium Member
16,447 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TestECull View Post
I hope the one local to me gets it again. They aired it for a week but I couldn't scrape together the cash to drive out there and watch it.
26.5 mi - about 36 mins

Is my drive to get to the drive in, and on the way is the only Sonics near us.
Which is why we usually do the trip.

Miami of all places is lacking those 2 things...

·
Starting to become a BOFH
10,471 Posts
Quote:

26.5 mi â€" about 36 mins

Is my drive to get to the drive in, and on the way is the only Sonics near us.
Which is why we usually do the trip.

Miami of all places is lacking those 2 things...
My local drive-in went bankrupt and now they're building a strip mall on the land.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
$11 for movie tickets! I wish I was as lucky as you guys are. I usually expect to pay at least $15/16 for a ticket and then an additional $8 for D-Box seats... What a rip off, good thing i have friends that work at the movies

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
I'm going to see it again guys, and not for the extra 8 minutes.

Just because i love that damn movie and want to see it again in 3D on the big screen...

1 - 20 of 98 Posts