Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
4,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I mentioned before, my dad has just bought 2 new 10k rpm hard drives. He connected them like hes done like he has with all his other SATA drives but the computer won't recognize the drive being there. It says that the setup cannot find the hard drives. My dad thinks it has to do with the jumpers but I dont know. Nothing happens when he presses F6 to use RAID but it wont even read the drives as being there..

·
Administrator
64,326 Posts
Well if the two HDD'S ar on the same IDE cable going into IDE PORT1 on the motherbaord then yes its the Jumpers. One HDD will have to have its jumper set to Master and the other HDD to SLAVE. Look to the back of the HDD'S and you will fine a jumper and pins to here you need to make the correct allocation. On the top of the HDD it should tell you where to put the jumper for MASTER and SLAVE.

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
he's using SATA hdds which don't have master/slave jumpers

how many other drives are there? what ports are you using?

that board has Silicon Image RAID and Nvidia RAID. are you sure you have the hdds plugged into the correct ports for the RAID controller you are trying to use?

Also, if you have disabled the Silicon Image SATA ports and/or turned off RAID on specific ports you won't be able to do it. You have to have both the specific SATA ports enabled and then also enable RAID for those ports in the BIOS

1 - 4 of 4 Posts