Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys
im in the UK so what cooler for £40 max do you people recommend?

I want the D14 or Silver Arrow but they out of my price range.
I heard good things about CM Hyper 212 plus but will that do 4.8ghz on a 2500k if my chip is a good OCer?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik;15189347
hi guys
im in the UK so what cooler for £40 max do you people recommend?

I want the D14 or Silver Arrow but they out of my price range.
I heard good things about CM Hyper 212 plus but will that do 4.8ghz on a 2500k if my chip is a good OCer?
The Hyper 212+ will do that, yes, and it will do it even better with slightly improved fans from the stock one (or push/pull with a second Blademaster).

You could also look at the Hyper 212 Evo, basically a slightly improved Hyper 212+.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,916 Posts
get coolers second hand, much cheaper, you just need to shop around.
use the For Sale areas on this forum and others such as UK AVForums
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik;15194032
I heard the V6 is quite loud however.
Is this true?
I'd imagine so, to be honest. I haven't heard a lot about the Vx coolers recently but I do remember hearing that they were pretty loud.

Sent from my T-Mobile G1
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis;15197468
I'd imagine so, to be honest. I haven't heard a lot about the Vx coolers recently but I do remember hearing that they were pretty loud.

Sent from my T-Mobile G1
thats them out then ha ha
so currently my options are Hyper 212 Evo or Ven X RT
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
943 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik;15194032
I heard the V6 is quite loud however.
Is this true?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis;15197468
I'd imagine so, to be honest. I haven't heard a lot about the Vx coolers recently but I do remember hearing that they were pretty loud.

Sent from my T-Mobile G1
The V6GT might be louder than other coolers, but by no means is it a loud cooler. Don't forget it has two fans in push-pull, compared to the 1 fan included with the Hyper 212+/EVO and the V8. Mine is quiet in my opinion, and I'm running a total of 7 fans including the V6GT and excluding the PSU fan.

Performance-wise it's great, and IMO defnitely worth the money.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwang17;15199691
The V6GT might be louder than other coolers, but by no means is it a loud cooler. Don't forget it has two fans in push-pull, compared to the 1 fan included with the Hyper 212+/EVO and the V8. Mine is quiet in my opinion, and I'm running a total of 7 fans including the V6GT and excluding the PSU fan.

Performance-wise it's great, and IMO defnitely worth the money.
When I said "pretty loud" I basically meant what you said.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,065 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Elohim
View Post

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...57&subcat=1395

this is probably THE best 120mm Tower Cooler. I Would definately get this, because for 30£ this is a bargain.
you could also buy one or two higher rpm fans if you need them.

You forgot the Archon
Anyway, that Venomous-X is a nice deal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,065 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Elohim
View Post

@cloppy: i'm talking twoer coolers for 120mm fans, archon is designed for 140mm fans.

You're right
The Archon is much taller.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top