UK Christmas LN2 Event

Where - Buxtons
When - 28th & 29th December 2011
Venue - Buxtons Railway Hotel
Cost - £60* LN2 event only.

22 Bridge Street, Derbyshire, Buxton SK17 6BS01298 71435

http://gkpubs.co.uk/pubs-in-buxton/railway-pub/

Accommodation

There is accommodation available - I have booked @ £35 per night B&B at a local venue, if you would like me to arrange that same deal for you please drop me a PM.

There is ample accommodation available (sharing) for example a triple (3 people sharing) tariff including Breakfast @£85 -
thumb.gif

http://www.queensbuxton.co.uk/html/hotel.html

1000l LN2 for the 2 days

The event is suitable for first timers and experts alike

Any questions and suggestions please post them here.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Mmm, so much nitrogen. Man, if you would have posted this like a month ago, I would have arranged to fly over there a take part
smile.gif

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Hmm this is very close to me
biggrin.gif

Not into the extreme OC scene, but the sake of £60 it seems rude to not say hello to the big ln2 canister.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxlite View Post

Hmm this is very close to me
biggrin.gif

Not into the extreme OC scene, but the sake of £60 it seems rude to not say hello to the big ln2 canister.
And once you have greeted the big canister I am sure I have enough kit that I am bringing for you to have a bit of a play too mate. Then after a pint with the lads and a good old fashioned getting to know everyone natter I think.
biggrin.gif
:D

·
Premium Member
12,928 Posts
Yeah Kenny's coming
smile.gif

Should at least be a few spare pots
thumb.gif

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am bringing three CPU and GPU pots for the lads and lassies to use. So pots will not be an issue.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Yoooooo

I started moving piles of stuff around to form more piles of stuff and wondered what I actually *need* to have with me.

I'll bring all my bench-ready pots* if there's a need for them. I'm bringing basically my entire bench rig so weight might be a problem

* 2 CPU, 2 GPU- one slim, one not

I WILL be benching some SLI stuff though, pots will not be available all the time
wink.gif

Will have the important bits of my voltmodding gear with me.... if anyone needs mods, thats fine, but please pretty please hunt out mods in advance and if you can, get the components and glue them in place (uhu glue works well- takes a while to dry but it won't mark the PCB when it's removed) If that is done, I can churn out modded gear in minutes. If anyone needs help with picking the best component values, just ask
smile.gif

Simple mods are good
wink.gif
I will be reluctant to do VID jumper mods/ cap mods etc...... zombies = no.

*I did not know about the second day until everything was already booked..... i'll be around on the morning of day 2, but not later*

smile.gif

·
Registered
477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by K404 View Post

Yoooooo
I started moving piles of stuff around to form more piles of stuff and wondered what I actually *need* to have with me.
I'll bring all my bench-ready pots* if there's a need for them. I'm bringing basically my entire bench rig so weight might be a problem
* 2 CPU, 2 GPU- one slim, one not
I WILL be benching some SLI stuff though, pots will not be available all the time
wink.gif

Will have the important bits of my voltmodding gear with me.... if anyone needs mods, thats fine, but please pretty please hunt out mods in advance and if you can, get the components and glue them in place (uhu glue works well- takes a while to dry but it won't mark the PCB when it's removed) If that is done, I can churn out modded gear in minutes. If anyone needs help with picking the best component values, just ask
smile.gif

Simple mods are good
wink.gif
I will be reluctant to do VID jumper mods/ cap mods etc...... zombies = no.
*I did not know about the second day until everything was already booked..... i'll be around on the morning of day 2, but not later*
smile.gif
I may have some little jobs for you Kenny:thumb:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Stand in line Scott - I have 9 graphic cards that are in need of Kenny's special love.
biggrin.gif

Kenny if you want to do Sli or Tri-Sli or even Quad Sli (think I have two boards that can do 4x) with some 580GTX just let me know so that I bring suitable boards and processors..
thumb.gif
Oh and of course my 580 cards too, you have one right?

For folks that are into CPU benching I will have a modded commando board and a dozen CPU's of that 775 persuasion to play with. They are all un-submitted to HWBOT so any boints you earn are yours to submit.
tongue.gif

·
Registered
868 Posts
Seems a really odd location. Admittedly I'm totally new to this scene but I would have expected these kind of events to be in the big cities. Hope everyone has a great time
smile.gif

1 - 20 of 179 Posts