Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 483 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There will be an Ln2 event in March 2012 held in the University City of Cambridge. Dates 17 - 18 March 2012 Check in on the 16th

There will be a Live stream with multiple cameras and commentary from our hosts on Overclock.net Justin TV Channel for both days so pencil it in your diaries folks.

There are 18 Overclockers attending, many of whom are coming to learn and bench Liquid Nitrogen for the first time. It should make for an interesting livestream for those looking to learn a little from the class and see what this is all about. Things will get seriious when the competition takes place between the Pros!

Planned Itinerary - the event will be catering for first timers as well as the more experienced LN2 bencher's.

Quote:
served with pubs. In 1597 there were 80 ale houses, although this was reduced to 50 because too much corn was being used for ale instead of bread! By 1749 the number had risen to 156 inns and pubs, serving a population of 10000. Today, the 110 pubs serve a population of around 125000, an average of 1136 people per pub.
Event Venue - The Boathouse

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=the+boathouse+chesterton+road&hl=en&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&hq=the+boathouse+chesterton+road&radius=15000&t=h&z=16

Vantage 11 Contest

To assist UK bencher's in their preparation for global benching competitions a Vantage11 contest will be held on the morning of the second day.
Three hours will be allocated for the event in line with international event standards.
Hardware limitations will be discussed closer to the time of the event and will be dependent on the types of hardware used.
Manufactures have expressed a great interest in the outcome of this event I might add.
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiVizMan View Post

Friday
2:20pm loading the Van - well actually Ashley loading the van I was on the phone the whole time.
Lads who arrived early on Friday had a chance to catch up and chat and drink a cup of tea together - think someone ordered tea
thumb.gif

Nope not him, ever
biggrin.gif

Here we all are setting up the venue after a few beers, Daulist kindly offers his face as support. Just in case the lady fell of course
tongue.gif

The stuff ... ooo so shiny.
Same stuff just different photo, 48 pages of notes on the table ready for the course. Not sure anyone has read them yet
wink.gif

Our Room with a view
Saturday

Early in the morning waiting for the event to start. Still two groups - old hands and the new guys, that did not last very long:thumb:
What do you mean we are having a written test...?
Hehe ... I don't mind a test bring it on I say.
Thank heavens the lecture is over and we can tuck into the cool stuff. Pass the eraser.
part 2 to follow
Quote:

Sat cont.
Ok maybe too much eraser but it does make a nice bowel
redface.gif

hy did it have to be raining, look how pretty that deck is looking.
Graham "Thank **** I don't have to do the course"
Blindfitter "There was a course? No way there is only PCMark05."
I never want to go back to base, never....
Running the show the boss dude and dudette
Winner best Tee Shirt of the event
No Dave say it ain't so ... don't go the LN2 route that is the way of evil. Borandi trying to wrench the Dewar away from Blindfitter to stop him going over to the dark side.
Go away I am busy
What you mean am I benching?
Part 3 to follow
Quote:

Sunday
So peaceful
Ross the Landlord of the pub filling the coffee machine. These guys really looked after us.
thumb.gif

What new guys? Now we are all just benchers...
Man this beats mowing the lawn.
I get 165K 3Dmark05 and you buy me dinner yes?
This is how you enjoy benching with mates.
Stressed what us, nah Livestream will happen. No really it will.
biggrin.gif

Kenny smelling his finger. Anyone seen the monkey????
50l of LN2 is not a problem for super Claire.
You said it would happen dammit, Where is my livestream?
See I told you I was going to bench.
To be continued...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dualist View Post

Piccy time.....!!!!
Start of the day on saturday...
1-setup.jpg

Cataloge man Scoota filling the dewars...
2-fillingup.jpg

PCmark05, win7, transparent windows tweaking in action with Rawz and Blindfitter (with Kronz in the background)...
3-pcmark.jpg

My rig cold on the first day, 295gtx was a pain the backside, I hear there was Stella watch for most of saturday...
4-day1rig.jpg

Guys have got their boards insulated...
5-noobs1.jpg

Drift getting into it...
6-drift.jpg

Ginger and Monkey cam...
7-gingermonkeycam.jpg

Drinking all day and LN2 can cause strange effects on you...
8-scoota.jpg

It's even affecting Dagmar...
9-dagaffected.jpg

32m pi can be frustrating...
10-pi.jpg

Scoota begging to have control of the mic for the live feed...
11-iwantmic.jpg

Standing on a chair with LN2 and a mapp torch.... I've no idea where she gets it from
tongue.gif

12-mentalginger.jpg

My hero Kenny fixing my 580gtx that I killed last July...
13-kenfix.jpg

How many feakin updates..???
14-updates.jpg

Borandi sampling LN2, sadly I didn't get any pics of him pouring
biggrin.gif

15-ianln2.jpg

Someone on my lappy keeping and eye on my vantage, 580 working, yay.!
16-vant.jpg

Interview time during the competition, Hiviz and K404...
17-interview1.jpg

Interview time again but with Sidistic...
18-interview2.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitfit1 View Post

Ok folks, a few pics from the weekend:
Dagmar gives the "noobs" a rundown on what to do.
The first thing is "I drink Abbot" and don't forget it
biggrin.gif

Dave (Blindfitter) giving 3D Mark 06 a good seeing to.
Unkie Dave (Dualist) getting in position for some more "Lube"
biggrin.gif

The "noobs" finally discover the beer is to be kept in the glass or bottle, not the flask
smile.gif

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by el gappo View Post

Day 1 recording http://www.justin.tv/overclocktv/b/311953680
Day 2 with the commentary and competition
smile.gif
http://www.justin.tv/overclocktv/b/312072218 Think we started the comp at around 2:40
Was a great event, good to meet up with everyone again and to see some new overclockers. Everybody learned a lot, great way too get started
smile.gif
Really impressed with how fast everybody progressed, well done
thumb.gif

·
Premium Member
4,564 Posts
What is the cost, being want to make my self better at OCing and this looks perfect. Nice one guys
thumb.gif

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Once we have the venue sorted out we are then able to provide a accurate cost. Check back in a few days time.
smile.gif

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Hopefully those dates get sorted out soon so I can coordinate with work. I so want to come
smile.gif

·
Premium Member
12,928 Posts
Stick my name down big boy.

Also can you get on skype some time today
thumb.gif

·
Mining the DB
2,333 Posts
Wow, this a awesome looking event, would love to join/help out and grow the community, just the distance is a bit of a issue, me being in South Africa. Speaking to my team though to try setup something similar
smile.gif

·
Premium Member
4,564 Posts
So what wound I need to bring, the only spare hardware i have is crap.

·
Premium Member
12,928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftingforlife View Post

So what wound I need to bring, the only spare hardware i have is crap.
Bring your sig rig and pay extra attention during the Insulation lesson
tongue.gif

·
Registered
411 Posts
If you aren't so fussed about scores and more interested in getting an understanding of how the process of LN2 benching goes, pick up some cheap crap on Ebay
smile.gif

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
For those doing the LN2 101 course there will be kit provided for the duration of the event. Do not expect to get £900 CPU and £500 GPU's but what you will be benching with will earn you valuable points and more importantly experience.

·
Premium Member
4,564 Posts
Awsome, put me on the list please for NOOB lessons, PM me when you want the payment sorted
smile.gif

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftingforlife View Post

Awsome, put me on the list please for NOOB lessons, PM me when you want the payment sorted
smile.gif
PM you your contact details please. I will update the OP to include you.
thumb.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sircles View Post

i am interested, wonder what i could get...
Ah I have such a fertile imagination and there are so many different ways of answering that question
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
But because this is a family forum I will not go down the yellow stocking road.
tongue.gif
So could you tell me what you mean? Please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter.jay View Post

Can i have 2x £900 cpu's + 4x £500 gpu's please
thumb.gif
tongue.gif
You most certainly can - so I take it you are thinking of participating in the Vantage contest then?
wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by K404 View Post

If you aren't so fussed about scores and more interested in getting an understanding of how the process of LN2 benching goes, pick up some cheap crap on Ebay
smile.gif
This is a good way to start building your confidence and skill levels. And the way that most of us started benching. I have only in the last little while started buying new kit. Before then every bit of kit I had was second or third hand.

1 - 20 of 483 Posts