Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finished my first Case mod, and I am utterly addicted, heres some pics.
What are some other cool case mods I could do to my Antec 300? Are there any kinds of case mods that help with cooling?
Thanks!
-Falven
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Very nice, i like the difference compared to the usual rectangle. You need to sort those wires out though, it spoils it

·
Premium Member
3,939 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by falven View Post
What are some other cool case mods I could do to my Antec 300? Are there any kinds of case mods that help with cooling?
Thanks!
-Falven
To help with cooling you can remove the HDD bay and move HDD's up.

Other then that replacing the fans youve already got with better ones.

Flip your psu upside down so it intakes from underneath the case...

False floor to separate and hide the psu and accompanying wires

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by falven View Post
Thanks!
-Falven
You could paint the inside maybe cold cathodes sound activated as i just recieved mine today.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Sweet, very unique take on the side window mod. Like said above not like a normal rectangular mod. Kinda looks like a Silverstone Raven.

·
Banned
5,782 Posts
Clean work, good job. Other mods: paint the interior black and add some lights/cathodes as phillipjos suggested, and then turn the thing into a wind-tunnel with a handful of 38mm-thick high-RPM fans.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Afrodisiac
View Post

Clean work, good job. Other mods: paint the interior black and add some lights/cathodes as phillipjos suggested, and then turn the thing into a wind-tunnel with a handful of 38mm-thick high-RPM fans.

That was my first thought

But i ended getting 2X "S-Flex" for the front, and using my two "Slip Stream" in the back due to noise

I did get 2 blue cathodes, idk about painting it inside, good suggestion, but me+paint = fail, we'll see

Thanks everyone!

-Falven

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by falven
View Post

That was my first thought

But i ended getting 2X "S-Flex" for the front, and using my two "Slip Stream" in the back due to noise

I did get 2 blue cathodes, idk about painting it inside, good suggestion, but me+paint = fail, we'll see

Thanks everyone!

-Falven

Use plast-i-dip instead of paint. No prep other than a good wash, no drips, and acts as a sound dampener. Check out the log of Black Beauty in my sig for the results.

·
Premium Member
7,731 Posts
looks awesome

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

Originally Posted by tofunater View Post
Use plast-i-dip instead of paint. No prep other than a good wash, no drips, and acts as a sound dampener. Check out the log of Black Beauty in my sig for the results.

I was thinking about that, but the question of thermodynamics came into my mind

Thanks everyone!

-Falven

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,225 Posts
Nice mod. I will post mine once it is done (I am almost done painting mine)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts