Overclock.net banner

121 - 129 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
sounds like increasing the voltage to 1.48 was BAD. The CPU got too hot and shutdown the system. 600watts sounds like enough for a minor OC of 3 to 3.2ghz, so I doubt its your PSU. When your OCing, are you bumping up the multiplier or FSB. If your increasing your FSB, it might be that your entire system (RAM, NorthBridge, SouthBridge, PCI controllers) are OC'd too much and can't handle it. I know my integrated GPU fails even with just a 12.5% OC! Try increasing your multiplier instead. It won't speed your entire system up, but it'll get your CPU to 3.2GHz without affecting the rest of your system!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a phenom II x2 550 at 3.1 ghz and a mobo gigabyte ga-m85m-us2h rev 1.2 with an award modular bios.Problem for me to oc is that the bios is somewhat unfriendly.Not even show the cpu operating speed there.Am I screwed?

·
Registered
356 Posts
With reference to the extremely in-depth and well written guide, for people who have non BE cpu's, would just jacking up the Ht ref with my locked 14.5x multi be recommended on stock voltages and cpu-cooling? I've read it's safe upto about 3.5Ghz on my X3 435. Thing is, is 3.5Ghz a big difference in performance with respect to side effects like possible instability etc? As long as I don't touch the vcore voltage, I should be good on air cooling? For instance going 5mhz increments on Ht ref clock. (FSB)

Ty

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well I have a 940 Phenom x4 black edition II with a plaque that plots used amdre asus best for overclocking and I have a GT9600 and even Old Gf could tell

121 - 129 of 129 Posts