Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Networking Nerd
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got bad company 2 that I ordered on amazon on Monday, yay. Until I noticed the packaging looked a little weird. I look at the back and it says, "India edition, not for sale in North America, South America, Europe or Japan etc..."

I tried doing some research and it looks like 2 other people have order this game on amazon and ended up with the India edition. You get what you pay for I guess.

I can't find any information on the India edition vs the U.S edition. Does anyone know if there's anything different? Will I be missing anything? Can I still play on U.S servers?

I'm almost tempted to force the seller to give me a full refund because it was not described in the details this was the India edition and it also states it's illegal to sell anywhere in the U.S. I'm a little mad right now....

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Special thing about India edition: All references of hamburgers are edited, and the guns shoot curry.

But you should really email Amazon about this. It seems to be a really bad mixup.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaredvcxz
View Post

Special thing about India edition: All references of hamburgers are edited, and the guns shoot curry.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaredvcxz
View Post

But you should really email Amazon about this. It seems to be a really bad mixup.

LMAO! A bit harsh.

OP: Sorry I don't know what the India version is.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Don't worry its not the localized version..Its the same game same everything..Only thing that will be different I guess is the customer care numbers and the packaging will be stripped down version..

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
lots of countries in asia sell games to the u.s. for cheap because the versions over there are a lot cheaper than they are over here because asia has a much higher rate of piracy, this is how those sites that sell game keys legitimately can sell them so cheap

it should be the same,
try using the cd key on an english version, it should work anyhow

·
Premium Member
6,404 Posts
It has been done, blocking re-imported software. I'd issue a complaint to Amazon but not to the extent of returning the software unless they offer a replacement free. Then if they do decide to block non US numbers from connecting inside the US, you can point to the complaint and demand a refund.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Indian isn't a race, fyi.

Plus it's true that games are edited for India to not include anything about cows for fear of disrispecting their beliefs.

·
Networking Nerd
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by allikat View Post
It has been done, blocking re-imported software. I'd issue a complaint to Amazon but not to the extent of returning the software unless they offer a replacement free. Then if they do decide to block non US numbers from connecting inside the US, you can point to the complaint and demand a refund.
Good idea I'll do that.

Sigh, I hate waiting. I got it for $35 on amazon. Anyone know of a place I can buy the U.S version for that price?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts

·
Networking Nerd
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Soggy_Popcorn View Post
You grievance-junkies need to lighten the hell up. I laughed a good bit.

http://www.overclock.net/pc-games/76...-guildies.html

Weight profiling is funny too.
You realize I said that because I wanted to keep this thread on topic? Why else would I have said, even though it's funny. Anyway your post wasn't helpful in the slightest but that video was priceless so I'll let it slide

·
Networking Nerd
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

Originally Posted by InsaneMatt
View Post

As already mentioned, I'd file a complaint.

If you're looking for another place to purchase BC2, try Steam... It's on sale at the moment for £20 (around $34). http://store.steampowered.com/app/24960/.

Oh hell yeah! It must have just went on sale because I checked last night and it was still $50. Thanks for the heads up!

·
Premium Member
7,187 Posts
Yup, I was just about to tell you it's on sale on Steam today too.

Just grab it today if you want it. That's only for today.

·
Networking Nerd
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Does steam automatically patch the games or do I have to download the 1gb patch that just came out?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts