Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see pics on this site of people putting like arctic silver on all their stuff, not just the CPU, but inside the graphics cards and everything else on the mother board that has a metallic surface and is flat and will heat up, but IDK,

is this a good idea or no?

Will it do anything for my computer?

How often should i replace the Arctic Silver on my CPU?

like this:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah a thin layer is all you really need so you need to clean them off and start again. It is good to change them and you can probably do them at least once a year and not get in any trouble for it

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Ray is pro, you are choob. Leave stuff to pro's

/thread

lol really tho replace it all very carefully ONCE then leave it. i dont recomend useing a conductive paste on the mosfets/mobo because they will short if you get any on the transistors.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those werent my pics, they were from another post on here, iw as just showing examples, so ur saying just on CPU and GPU?

·
Premium Member
4,415 Posts
I dont get whats up with the people on these posts. The pics showing it on parts of the mobo are parts that have heatsinks on them stock. Those pics were just showing that that person had replaced the stock crap with arctic silver.

Basically you can put it on any chip that has a heatsink (cpu, gpu, gpu memory, nb, sb, etc). Just dont get it on other stuff, I think AS can be conductive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts