Overclock.net banner

Unable to access TrueNAS on W10 or Linux (Zorin)

1160 4
On both OSs I am told the network path was not found.

The path to the TrueNAS pool is /mnt/test. The IP address for TrueNAS is 192.168.11.109.

Automotive tire Sky Font Rectangle Circle

No matter what combination I use, I cannot get to my files on my TrueNAS server.

What I am doing wrong? Please help. I am lost and I need to get my .kbdx file.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
986 Posts
has this worked in the past or is this a new install? I had problems with mine on a new install with the DNS and default gateways not setting when I went through the config. Can you ping the IP address and get a response?

if not its likely a network/ nic issue.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It worked in the past when I had W10. I can ping it. I have setup SMB, NFS, and iSCSI shares and I have created new users with full read and write access but still, I cannot map it or get into it.

If put in smb://192.168.11.109/Test/HomeNAS I am prompted for username, domain, and password. HomeNAS has an ACL, Test does not.

Font Screenshot Electronic device Darkness Multimedia

If I put in nfs://192.168.11.109/Test/ I am told a mount point does not exist.

· Registered
i9-12900K | Z690-E | RTX 4080 FE
817 Posts
Sounds like a permissions issue. I recommend you post to the TrueNAS community instead. They do this up and down all day, every day. https://www.truenas.com/community/

Also, you should be much more specific when describing your ACL settings, User settings and Share settings. If you browse through the TrueNAS community forums, people just dump screengrabs of each page individually. It helps diagnose these things much quicker.

You mentioned "Test" dataset doesn't have an ACL. How do you expect to gain access to it without an ACL?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts