Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I wanted to get the most out of my RAM, so I decided to OC it to the specs it was intended to run at. With the help of Sean Webster I made the following changes to my BIOS...

"Set the speed to 2133MHz, timings to 9-11-10-28, dram voltage to 1.65v, and Vccio to 1.15v-1.2v"

I did just that and set the VCCIO to 1.15... booted into windows fine and then I hit a wall.

As stated the computer booted up fine, however when I would try to play SW:TOR the game would freeze. I said ok no problem it must be the VCCIO, so I moved it up another notch and the game was more stable than before, but it still ended up crashing. I then reverted the settings back to 1.15 and changed the DRAM voltage up another notch...no luck.

Am I missing something? Perhaps something is supposed be enabled/disabled in the BIOS that we missed? I payed 200$ for this ram and would like to get it running at its designated speeds, instead of the default speeds that its 99$ equivilant would have given me from the get go. Im running the latest version of my mobos bios, rig info can be found in my sig.

Here is a link to the exact ram i purchased:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820226274

Thanks!!

Registered
Maybe add more voltage or your ram might need to be RMA'd. Also could be that your chip can't hold the speed. A friends 2500k couldn't hold 2400mhz ram but he could run it fine at 2133. Try like 2000mhz or something.

OG AMD
Set by XMP profile,if that doesn't work I would try 9-11-10-29 or 9-11-11-29.Your kit was tested for X79 platform btw.What is the tRC set to? You may have to increase that.If you can't get it contact Mushkin.This is overclocked memory,never a gaurantee your CPU can run it at the same voltage,speeds and timings.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by motokill36 View Post

leave it at recommended rimming and see .
Have you checked it works on at auto set .?
with Memtest http://hcidesign.com/memtest/
smile.gif
Will try that and let you know
Quote:
Originally Posted by motokill36 View Post

also try 10/12/10/28 on timming will hardly make any difference and may work
rolleyes.gif
Will try this as well, thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwoodz View Post

Set by XMP profile,if that doesn't work I would try 9-11-10-29 or 9-11-11-29.Your kit was tested for X79 platform btw.What is the tRC set to? You may have to increase that.If you can't get it contact Mushkin.This is overclocked memory,never a gaurantee your CPU can run it at the same voltage,speeds and timings.
I tried the XMP profile but when I would boot into windows it would revert back to its stock settings (confirmed in CPU-Z). I will get back to you with the tRC values.

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts