Overclock.net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new build finally running(Faulty PSU the first time). But I'm unable to install Vista. When I put in a disk of Vista home premium, it loads with a gray bar, but then goes to a screen which says "Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file" and nothing happens. What do I do? I need to fix this computer fast.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Is the DVD scratched or Dirty? Try another DVD reader. It seems the DVD isnt reading the files correctly because the disk is bad or the DVD drive itself. Is this a copied disk or original?

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ounderfla69 View Post
Is the DVD scratched or Dirty? Try another DVD reader. It seems the DVD isnt reading the files correctly because the disk is bad or the DVD drive itself. Is this a copied disk or original?
I tried 2 different DVD drives, one that came with the computer and then my own and get the same problem. And I tried 3 different copies of Vista, one bootleg 64 bit which didn't work and 2 LEGIT 32 bit versions that work on other computers but not this one. They all give the same error. Please help I'm freaking out here.

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
You might have bad RAM if you've tried a combination of different drives and sources. Oh, also, you shouldn't talk about using bootlegged software in threads (fyi).

Download memtest86, burn the iso to a CD and run it on bootup. See what it says.

·
Registered
435 Posts
This same senario got me on my VERY first build. i remember trying to installin xp for tries and tries and it would jar thought install everytime at a different place. so i take my machine up to MSY and got my mate that works there
to have a look, well we took ram out and did this and that and i was still in the same predicament, so i went home...

later i had a brain fart and i realized ep35 wasnt capat with 667 ram.... well my previous pentium D's mobo was and i using her ram...... WELL soon as i took that out everything worked well.

oh and i didnt have my 24pins plugged RIGHT in i remeber thinking if i pushed harder it would snap or stress my mobo so i thought that would be ok.. nah you have to support it and really click that sucker in...

since that first build i have become a more observatory user and a smarter one too i think..

hope you sus it out soon mate !

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY **** THANKS!! It WAS the RAM. I took all 8GB out and put in 2GB from MY build and it worked! Except now I have to RMA the RAM....

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ALiShaikh
View Post

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY **** THANKS!! It WAS the RAM. I took all 8GB out and put in 2GB from MY build and it worked! Except now I have to RMA the RAM....

I would not do that until your sure the ram is bad. People have had problems installing Vista with over 2GB. Once installed put 4GB and run Memtest then replace it with the other and see if comes up with any problems. Also Vista 32bit doesnt use more then a little over 3GB anyway.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I installed Vista 64bit on the new comp. Should I try putting all 8GB in again? MOBO is same as mine(P5Q Pro from ASUS)

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My little brother took all the RAM! He's 3 so he doesn't remember where he put it, I've been looking for it for the past hour lol.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipp View Post
If you bought all 4 in a package I doubt you can only RMA half of them.
I did..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.