Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
Recently I've bought DELL 7720 with GT650M and yesterday thought about OCing it to have more FPS in Skyrim etc. So I downloaded MSI Afterburner and OCed it to SCREEN,checked GPU-Z to be sure I did it correctly SCREEN and ran 3dMark test to check how much it affected my score. And there's surprise: 3dmark says that my core runs at 405MHz before and after OC. Memory clocks have changed, but core clock shows 405MHz instead of 745MHz before OC and 849MHz after OC.

Here are links to 3dmark tests:
Before OC: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/5938478
After OC: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/5938538

Thanks for help in advance.

Regards,
groubini

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
What drivers are you running?
Quote:
What operating system are you running?
Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate
Quote:
Do you have any other overclocking software installed, that might be over-riding your settings?
I had many installed, but got rid of them because none was working properly. Now only MSI + 3dmark + Furmark + GPU-Z as of software for overclocking.

·
Registered
10,400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by groubini View Post

Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate
I had many installed, but got rid of them because none was working properly. Now only MSI + 3dmark + Furmark + GPU-Z as of software for overclocking.
what about the registry?

·
Registered
10,400 Posts
i was referring to cleaning out the left over bits of the the other OCer programs in the registry. they leave stuff behind, they never actually full uninstall, well that's not true for ALL programs but, more often than not.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Oh, I know all about registry hell.

I once had a problem with a early version of Nero disk burning software, where uninstalling and reinstalling would cause your optical drives in Windows to disappear permanently! The only fix was to edit a string on characters directly in the registry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts