Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Approaching 11 weeks since date of order (SMA8, #35248, 4-14-18) and CL is now completely unresponsive. After the “up to 8 weeks” period had elapsed I reached out via listed telephone number and followed CL’s message prompt to email customer service. I was pleased to have received a response a day later from Rick, although the update was a disappointment: shipment ETA of the week of 6/18 (>9 weeks post order date).

Well, folks, I waited patiently and the week of 6/18 has clearly come and gone. Two days from now will conclude week 11. I have called several times. I have sent several emails. I get it — CL is having some issues with material cost, quality, availability (mind you, I should not have to scour the internet for CL posts on some third-party forum to read about their troubles).

As far as customer service is concerned this is completely unacceptable. CL has my info. They have my unreturned emails and phone calls. Is it really that difficult to keep your customers informed? If it is then they need to re-evaluate their staffing and organization. Prior to seeing some signs of life on here from their support staff and other customers, I felt certain that CL was headed toward bankrupcy and they planned on taking my $800 with them. Then I saw the post on the price hike. At that point I assumed that CL was planning on “losing” my order so they could prevent some of their bleeding from increased manufacturing costs. At this point, who knows? It’s challenging times like these that a company shows you what they’re truly made of. In my opinion, their executive staff and leadership should be sending personalized emails or making phone calls to their affected customers.

This has frustrated me to the point that I felt I owed it to the community here to share my experience, and registered on this site solely to do so. I have no idea whether I’ll ever receive the product I ordered at this point. CL has given me no reason to have any more confidence in them and every additional day that passes the picture worsens.

Potential buyers, beware. Does CL have some of the highest quality, custom cases on the market? Perhaps. Just be sure to ask yourself if suffering a situation like mine is really worth your investment in time, money and sanity. They still have the same “up to” processing time on their website for the identical configuration I selected.

·
Registered
268 Posts
There doing the best they can there totally slammed. There very accommodating and helpful but have to understand the level of pressure there under to build huge amounts of orders, everyone is in line just have to be bit more patient my friend.

We all go thru the same wait time

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
There doing the best they can there totally slammed. There very accommodating and helpful but have to understand the level of pressure there under to build huge amounts of orders, everyone is in line just have to be bit more patient my friend.

With all fairness..11 weeks, he's been more than patient.

@CL...Change the dam Info about the lead time from "Up to 8 weeks" to indefinitely so everyone is aware, although I guarantee, there will be much less people ordering, I know I wouldn't.

I ordered mine 8 weeks ago. I emailed them this morning to find out about shipment, will see. I don't mine waiting additional week, but, if it goes beyond that, I'm cancelling and I'm done with CL, I'm not that desperate. Frankly, I found their support has greatly degraded, things aren't the same from when I ordered my firs cases few years ago, it feels like when you finally get their response is like pulling their teat out, its discouraging.

·
Overclocker
11,636 Posts
It used to be that they prioritize other bulk orders (I guess from companies) over individual small orders from people.

IMHO it makes no sense to buy their cases via custom order as an individual, just buy the case already made ready in stock. Maybe less customization that way sure but no wait.
On top of that their cases may be "top notch" but it's still an overpriced metal box nothing more. Maybe you want to pay 5x price hike over most other decent similar cases, is it really worth it though?

If they can't deliver as promised, cancel the order and buy it elsewhere or buy something else.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
It used to be that they prioritize other bulk orders (I guess from companies) over individual small orders from people.

IMHO it makes no sense to buy their cases via custom order as an individual, just buy the case already made ready in stock. Maybe less customization that way sure but no wait.
On top of that their cases may be "top notch" but it's still an overpriced metal box nothing more. Maybe you want to pay 5x price hike over most other decent similar cases, is it really worth it though?

If they can't deliver as promised, cancel the order and buy it elsewhere or buy something else.
I agree. Did you see In Wins new cases that will launch sometimes soon, some of them look like CL's cases, specially their small form factor.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Once you have one of these you understand there is simply nothing close to the quality of these cases. Before I viewed cases as something for each build, to be tossed out with the old parts when the time came. Now I view a case as a life long investment as the home to every future computer I build into it. I would never trust another case to stand the test of time like these. The long wait is worth it and if I am needing a new case I will start planning at least 6 months in advanced so I will likely have my case in time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Main issues here is slow and sometimes completely silent customer support.
I have no issues to wait even few months more, but it's much harder to wait without any reliable information.

I'm still waiting for reply from CaseLabs support to clarify SMA8-A Divider compatibility with SMA8 power buttons /w Silverstone USB bay device, looks like you need to get SMA8-A USB 3.0 retrofit kit if you want to upgrade to SMA8-a divider. This info is missing from compatibility chart here http://www.caselabs-store.com/sma8-a-replacement-chassis-sections-pricing-varies/
I'm not sure what to do right now: order SMA8-A USB 3.0 retrofit kit, or cancel divider (how to cancel? no reply from support).
Somebody can help me with this one, probably SMA8-A owners?

(if CL support is reading this please reply)

Otherwise I'm very happy with my SMA8.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Approaching 11 weeks since date of order (SMA8, #35248, 4-14-18) and CL is now completely unresponsive. After the “up to 8 weeks” period had elapsed I reached out via listed telephone number and followed CL’s message prompt to email customer service. I was pleased to have received a response a day later from Rick, although the update was a disappointment: shipment ETA of the week of 6/18 (>9 weeks post order date).

Well, folks, I waited patiently and the week of 6/18 has clearly come and gone. Two days from now will conclude week 11. I have called several times. I have sent several emails. I get it — CL is having some issues with material cost, quality, availability (mind you, I should not have to scour the internet for CL posts on some third-party forum to read about their troubles).

As far as customer service is concerned this is completely unacceptable. CL has my info. They have my unreturned emails and phone calls. Is it really that difficult to keep your customers informed? If it is then they need to re-evaluate their staffing and organization. Prior to seeing some signs of life on here from their support staff and other customers, I felt certain that CL was headed toward bankrupcy and they planned on taking my $800 with them. Then I saw the post on the price hike. At that point I assumed that CL was planning on “losing” my order so they could prevent some of their bleeding from increased manufacturing costs. At this point, who knows? It’s challenging times like these that a company shows you what they’re truly made of. In my opinion, their executive staff and leadership should be sending personalized emails or making phone calls to their affected customers.

This has frustrated me to the point that I felt I owed it to the community here to share my experience, and registered on this site solely to do so. I have no idea whether I’ll ever receive the product I ordered at this point. CL has given me no reason to have any more confidence in them and every additional day that passes the picture worsens.

Potential buyers, beware. Does CL have some of the highest quality, custom cases on the market? Perhaps. Just be sure to ask yourself if suffering a situation like mine is really worth your investment in time, money and sanity. They still have the same “up to” processing time on their website for the identical configuration I selected.
All three of my caselabs cases were late. One extremely so (months late). All I can say is I keep buying them and would only consider something else if there was absolutely no other way to get a particular form factor or I HAD to have it quickly. Otherwise, worth every dollar and extra week of wait.

All that said, I'm sorry yours hasn't been a good experience.

·
Administrator
64,324 Posts
Main issues here is slow and sometimes completely silent customer support.
I have no issues to wait even few months more, but it's much harder to wait without any reliable information.

I'm still waiting for reply from CaseLabs support to clarify SMA8-A Divider compatibility with SMA8 power buttons /w Silverstone USB bay device, looks like you need to get SMA8-A USB 3.0 retrofit kit if you want to upgrade to SMA8-a divider. This info is missing from compatibility chart here http://www.caselabs-store.com/sma8-a-replacement-chassis-sections-pricing-varies/
I'm not sure what to do right now: order SMA8-A USB 3.0 retrofit kit, or cancel divider (how to cancel? no reply from support).
Somebody can help me with this one, probably SMA8-A owners?

(if CL support is reading this please reply)

Otherwise I'm very happy with my SMA8.
To make sure your issue does not get buried in someone else's thread I would suggest creating your own thread to garner attention from CL.

·
Senioritis Member
8,360 Posts

Eleven weeks after being told up to eight weeks lead time with little response to inquiries is very accommodating and helpful? Not in my book. As far as I'm concerned, the OP has been more than reasonably patient. I certainly wouldn't have tolerated it, not even for four weeks! Frankly, CL is being very irresponsible accepting far more orders than they can handle in a reasonable amount of time and I can't help but wonder if they are having problems and the excessive lead time is to generate extra operating capital.

·
Meep
5,592 Posts
Honestly I would just demand a refund.

Caselabs isn't a startup company that's still working things out, they should know better.

shenanigans like this are unacceptable imo.

·
Filthy Casual
2,949 Posts
Honestly I would just demand a refund.

Caselabs isn't a startup company that's still working things out, they should know better.

shenanigans like this are unacceptable imo.
This. Nobody should have to make excuses for them. They have customer support for a reason: to keep customers informed on their orders, warranties, questions, troubleshooting, etc.

They buyer is already paying a premium for their cases (understandably for the quality), but just because they have great quality costume cases doesn't mean they get to sidestep keeping OP in the loop at the absolute very least.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Keep us in the loop if you get information from them as to why your order is so delayed. I am about to pull the trigger on a SMA8 Revision case, and I can actually wait till September for it, but would like to know if will actually be ready by September..... or is the new wait time now 11-12 weeks....

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
I am a caselabs fan, their quality is top notch. I have had my baby CL BH2 since launch but waiting 11 weeks? They must be feeling the CA business ownership blues. Time to move CL out of CA if they cant expand to meet demand (yes easier said than done).

Meanwhile this could give opportunity for Sliger if they only made something the size of the SMA8. They can manufacture but don't have their own branded enthusiast cases yet. Only the Kimera line they OEM.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
FYI - Just noticed that CL just updated their processing time for the SMA8 to “up to 11-12 weeks.”

I still have yet to receive a response to any of my inquiries since week 8. No emails. No phone calls. No PMs. Tomorrow marks 11 weeks and counting.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
FYI - Just noticed that CL just updated their processing time for the SMA8 to “up to 11-12 weeks.”

I still have yet to receive a response to any of my inquiries since week 8. No emails. No phone calls. No PMs. Tomorrow marks 11 weeks and counting.

Baby steps...CL should make that clear, who's effected by the additional 3-4 weeks lead time, does the additional processing time applies to customers who have been already waiting 7-8 weeks or this change applies only to new customers.

If this applies to customers that have been waiting already for weeks, it's important to know as some might want to backed away/cancel, which should be no issues at all.

Would be nice if either CL rep or Jim make that clear please and thanks:)

1 - 20 of 121 Posts