Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brand new SSD. Fresh install of windows. ACHI enabled w/ RST Driver. Whats wrong?

BTW... I didn't do any OS tweaks... Is that the reason?

asssdbenchoczvertex2162.png

·
Registered
4 Posts
Those numbers look pretty good to me for a AS SSD benchmark. Try using ATTO Disk Benchmark, you should see the numbers inline with the manufacturers claims, that is the benchmarking tool all the SSD manufactures use for the numbers they advertise on the box. The difference in the numbers between the different tools is normal. I tried to look up why the readings are so different from tool to tool but I couldn't follow it. Maybe someone hear with more knowledge can explain.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
You bought a SF controlled drive and they don't do well with AS SSD.
Quote:
I tried to look up why the readings are so different from tool to tool but I couldn't follow it. Maybe someone hear with more knowledge can explain.
The differences are well known and have been discussed to death.

Both of you guys need to do a little reading.
wink.gif

Quick tip to joemamma55....make sure you have enabled write caching and turn off the write cache buffer.

You can find these setting in the Device Manager>Disc Drives>Policies.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemamma55;11917428
Brand new SSD. Fresh install of windows. ACHI enabled w/ RST Driver. Whats wrong?

BTW... I didn't do any OS tweaks... Is that the reason?

asssdbenchoczvertex2162.png
Looks better then my vertex 2
tongue.gif

oczbench1.png

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a Microcenter SSD (ADATA S599 rebadge) and heres my scores

captureor.jpg

Does these writes look right?

I made sure everything is running right, trim, installed with achi, updated my bios and the ssd firmware but the writes still seem slow
confused.gif
. Should I take this back and exchange for another one? or just order a vertex 2 from newegg

·
Registered
337 Posts
AS SSD also show weird scores on my patriot SSD, while with other benchies I get what I actually should be getting !
test with HD speed .. it's free and gives a much more realistic score to SSDs ? You can test all block sizes as well !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts