Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See my sig rig details

AutoCAD and other CAD software is lagging and CPU is always at 40%+ when a CAD software is open........is my C2D really that outdated?

What specs would be more optimized and smooth for a better CAD experience?

I often suffer lags in between opening, Alt+tabbing, multi tasking etc

Even drawing a line or something has a small delay from me clicking to it drawing........

anyway to like use my GPU to help alcellerate my CAD programs as well?

(sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5570 1 GB GDDR3)

Thanks

·
Premium Member
10,851 Posts
I'm looking at your sig rig and I have already identified the problem. You don't have a motherboard. You should probably use a motherboard.

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dopamin3
View Post

I'm looking at your sig rig and I have already identified the problem. You don't have a motherboard. You should probably use a motherboard.

This.

Or buy an Atomic Juice PSU.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Definitely need to be updating that CPU and GPU for to see better performance. There are a lot of (inexpensive) options that you will see a lot of difference from.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I work with AutoCad and 3DsMax 2010. They run smooth on my sig pc, but I have a quadcore, and I forced the graphics card to run in 3D clocks all the time.

·
Premium Member
6,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dopamin3 View Post
rofl

don't know what the mobo is as its a pre-built

i dismantled it before, only says Foxconn at the bak

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Marvin_ View Post
I work with AutoCad and 3DsMax 2010. They run smooth on my sig pc, but I have a quadcore, and I forced the graphics card to run in 3D clocks all the time.
how did u force it to run in 3d mode all the time?

·
Banned
3,369 Posts
What sort of stuff are you doing with Autocad?

Makes a huge difference.

If you're serious about it, I would consider looking for one of the older 8800 series cards, I believe the G80's can be flashed to Quadro cards. I did this with my 8800 Ultra for a while, ran CAD and Solidworks *AMAZINGLY*.

·
Banned
3,369 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Pie View Post
case designs and playing around
Then I'm not sure what the issue is.

Maybe Windows 7? Never ran CAD on 7. I have a Dell laptop with the Quadro FX 270 (roughly an 8400GS) and it does stuff more complex than cases with ease. Running XP though.

Not sure if the 5xxx series has an issue with AutoCAD?

Have you tried disabling Aero?

·
Premium Member
6,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tainok View Post
Then I'm not sure what the issue is.

Maybe Windows 7? Never ran CAD on 7. I have a Dell laptop with the Quadro FX 270 (roughly an 8400GS) and it does stuff more complex than cases with ease. Running XP though.

Not sure if the 5xxx series has an issue with AutoCAD?

Have you tried disabling Aero?
nop, but i'll give it a try

1 - 12 of 12 Posts