Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have heat issues and until i get the CM Hyper 212+ i will have to undervolt the pc.
I want to drop the CPU down to 2,8Ghz and drop the vcore as well. But i do not know by how much to drop it.
I will drop the frequency via multiplier. And will there be any problems in doing this?

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Undervolting is just like overclocking.

Keep lowering the vcore and stress testing. When the system crashes, raise the vcore back up 1 notch.

Also, try enabling Cool N Quiet. That should help will temps alot.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is enabled and it keeps temps down, but if i want to play a game Cool n quiet gets disabled and temps rise faster than the speed of light

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
So whats is Ur temps realy? @ load and idle???

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They go bellow 50 when CnQ enabled, and above 60 when on load and when i say above 60 i mean a lot

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
U shouldnt reach those temps even with stock cooling. Hows Ur air flow in Ur case? And have U tried reseating the cooler? And sorry for asking: U have some kind of thermal paste under the cooler?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maximous View Post
U shouldnt reach those temps even with stock cooling. Hows Ur air flow in Ur case? And have U tried reseating the cooler? And sorry for asking: U have some kind of thermal paste under the cooler?

I'm with max.....thermal paste, reapply if you have to.

I tried once with and without thermal paste (even cheap stuff) difference was about 10c hotter without the paste. So make sure you have some type of thermal paste, even cheapo stuff.

-D

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've said this before, so i really don't want to repeat myself, but the PC still has it's warranty and has a special sticker which prevents opening of the case(i remove it and no warranty for any component)
I don't know if the guy actually put thermal paste or installed the component properly. The case i have is not a special one, in fact it almost fit the HD5850(just barely had enough space) and i am kinda worried about the CM Hyper 212+ fitting in it.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Sr but I havent read anything about that in this thread
. But hey, If U have bought a new complete pc and it wont work as it should, SEND IT BACK!!!

Cant just sell something thats not working as it should.

Good luck and let us know how it goes

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The PC is not complete, i ordered every part but since the guys at the store built it it has a special sticker on it.
I don't ever want to buy a pre-built pc.

The case's width is about 17,5CM total, considering the mobo taking some space, if i were to put the cooler in there, will it fit? The CM Hyper 212 is about 16CM in total..

Sorry for the offtopic and thanks guys

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Not sure dude. Cant help U there
. Im off to bed, but somebody else might help U out

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm also not an expert but this is what i did.
Dropped the multi to 13.5 and vcore down by 0,025v and now ranges from 1,31 to 1,33, do you think this is good...temps still are high, but i am mostly afraid of the pc not booting and i having to reset the cmos, but i cant open the case now can i?

Here is a pic of temps and voltage

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry for double posting, but at what frequency will the CPU start bottlenecking the GPU? And If i got for 1,6Ghz by how much voltage should i drop it?

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
It sounds like you need to contact whoever built it and get it sorted. If you are not willing to open it up, you could be risking alot more than some xtra heat.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I plan on buying a new cooler just not this week or the next, in that time i will underclock but i need advice on voltage so i can seriously drop the heat and still play with not a lot of bottlenecking

1 - 15 of 15 Posts