Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Not new to Overclock.net
79,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Edit: We now have a program called Oopsie! that is far better than UndoClose. It will be released soon. Come check it out!

http://www.overclock.net/t/1480764/oopsie-has-been-born-and-is-being-tested-its-a-program-to-reopen-closed-windows-and-programs-with-keyboard-shortcuts

Original Post:

I just stumbled upon this little app that I think is a new "must-have" for me:

UndoClose

UndoClose on the developer's site: http://www.door2windows.com/undoclose-reopen-closed-folders-applications/

Quote:
One of the most useful tab-management features of modern browsers is opening recently closed tabs using the Ctrl+Shift+T hotkey. It certainly saves the time one would've spent sifting through browsing history to find and open closed tabs. In contrast to browsers, Windows 7 manages folders and application windows differently; despite storing recently opened programs and items in Start Menu, it doesn't support bringing them up again using a hotkey. Today, AddictiveTips brings you UndoClose - a free program that remembers all recently closed folders and applications, so that you can restore them in the same sequence in which they were closed using two hotkeys. In short, it enables you to open the last closed folder(s) and application(s) just like the way Firefox, Google Chrome and other browsers let you open the recently closed tab(s).

UndoClose-[AddictiveTips-Apps]

UndoClose supports two hotkey combinations; Ctrl+Shift+F and Ctrl+Shift+A, to open last closed folder (in Windows Explorer) and application, respectively. The hotkeys can be used multiple times. For example, if you close VLC Player, Notepad and iTunes, press Ctrl+Shift+A hotkey three times to launch VLC Player, Notepad and iTunes again.

UndoClose sits in the system tray after being launched and silently starts monitoring all folders and applications that are closed. It then helps you restore them using the hotkeys.

If the pre-defined hotkeys come in conflict with other global hotkeys, you can change them from Settings. To access Settings, click the system tray icon. You will also find all recently closed folders and applications with their complete source paths. You can open them by double-clicking the items in the list.

All I need now is one that will reopen closed files. I thought that I found one, but it sent me to a page that didn't have it. This is a very good start though! I love it!

·
Not new to Overclock.net
79,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump for a neat little app.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
79,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This does not work for reopening closed windows in Windows 8.1.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts