Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I had Prime95 running just to try out my new overclock and then for 5 days I've been wondering why It was making louder than usual sounds and games were running slower. Turns out I forgot to hit "stop test" and now I feel really dumb. At least I know it's stable!

·
Not new to Overclock.net
79,142 Posts
LOL Stress testing like a boss. I love it. :)

·
Not new to Overclock.net
79,142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBooNI View Post

Most people recommend stress testing for at least 6 days, you stopped a little early.
LOL
:applaud:

·
To The Game
7,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spbach View Post

So, I had Prime95 running just to try out my new overclock and then for 5 days I've been wondering why It was making louder than usual sounds and games were running slower. Turns out I forgot to hit "stop test" and now I feel really dumb. At least I know it's stable!
When I first build my rig I didn't realize prime95 stayed on without manually stopping it. I ran for about 4 hours before I noticed it was running in the background, but 5 days, lol.

*This really lets you know just how OP modern systems have become.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
79,142 Posts
Tip: open the prime.txt file (located in the same folder that prime95.exe is in), and add this line to it:

TrayIcon=0

(or, change TrayIcon=1 to TrayIcon=0 if that line exists)

Save it, and now when you close Prime95, it closes instead of minimizing to the Notification Area.

Tip #2: Press Esc and then Enter to quickly and easily stop a Prime95 test.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.