Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Fary cry 3, a game which worked brilliantly on my older GTX 570 (starting to miss nvidia...) now stutters like a mother****** and when on top of radio towers, drops to about 15-20fps.

For a low end system, this is expected, but for me? no. Not at all.

My CPU may not be the newest, but at over 4ghz, it should be fine, and was fine with my 570

I have no AA on, No Vsync, no Pre Rendered frames, and have even lowered my settings to high/and a few medium.

I was on all Ultra with my 570.

I am also on the latest beta drivers. I have literally tried everything. Any ideas?

·
Tech Enthusiast
12,388 Posts
FC3 has been one of those games a lot of the AMD guys have complained about. Although I've heard people saying the newer drivers have helped, but maybe not?

·
Z-80 > i9
17,244 Posts
For what it's worth, the game only stutters in areas until I overclock my HD7950 to around 1050Mhz core.

But yeah, it's got issues for those of us with Radeons.

·
r/madlads
8,705 Posts
Use RadeonPro ... It's a must.
Use that to "cap" framerate, somehow solves stutter but what driver version are you using?

Secondly, did you clean sweep Nvidia's driver?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveLT View Post

Use RadeonPro ... It's a must.
Use that to "cap" framerate, somehow solves stutter but what driver version are you using?

Secondly, did you clean sweep Nvidia's driver?
Well, yeah, I still have Physx installed, but drivers should be completely gone, and the latest beta... I think thats 13.6 to my knowledge, and Ill give Radeon Pro a try

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeDsh0t View Post

Well, yeah, I still have Physx installed, but drivers should be completely gone, and the latest beta... I think thats 13.6 to my knowledge, and Ill give Radeon Pro a try
Download 13.8 beta 2 drivers. Cap framerate to 60 - 120 fps. Do NOT oc. Farcry 3 does not like oc and may guve stutter or crashes when the vga is oc'd.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts